• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The death of the coffee shops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind all these coffee shops. When the fork are Wetherspoons going to ditch their bleeding coffee machines so that those of us in the pub for a beer can get served amongst the herds of blue-rinse wrinklies clogging the place up??
    mad
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Never mind all these coffee shops. When the fork are Wetherspoons going to ditch their bleeding coffee machines so that those of us in the pub for a beer can get served amongst the herds of blue-rinse wrinklies clogging the place up??
      mad
      Proper contractors don't drink in Wetherspoons...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        No-one proper drinks in Wetherspoons.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          I dunno, 3 hours drive and sea-sickness to satisfy a Burger King craving.
          Shuttle I said - i.e. I was going through the tunnel.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
            Cobblers. Good selection of real ales at a competitive price. Only shandypants fairies would avoid them.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Cobblers. Good selection of real ales at a competitive price. Only shandypants fairies would avoid them.
              I prefer to drink in more expensive establishments. I regard it as a chav free zone tax. You stick with what you know mate.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                I prefer to drink in more expensive establishments.
                No doubt, but you have glaring insecurity issues to grapple with. I, on the other hand, do not.

HTH

Comment

I prefer to drink in more expensive establishments. I regard it as a chav free zone tax. You stick with what you know mate.
                  WHS
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Too right, Wetherspoons is full of the great unwashed. Toothless pensioners nursing their real ales, unemployed skinheads covered in tattoos, chav mums in shellsuits and, oh yeah, Shaunbhoy!!
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I remember back in 2000, when the one at liverpool street station had 10 different beers every day for 2 weeks, . I used to leave my car in the station carpark...

The other pubs nearby were full of rich chavs, wideboys and agents. Who were prepared to pay £4 for a mediocre pint of fizz.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X