• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1984 - The Labour handbook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    I think Jacqui Smith must read that book every night, furiously scribbling notes.

It's incredible how NewLie are destroying our freedoms.
    42 day detention (luckily rejected), retrospective taxation, ID cards, monitoring of emails, indiscriminate shooting of innocents such as Jean Charles De Menezes, snooping in our rubbish bins. And all under the guise of "fighting terrorism". Whatever next?

There was a time in the 1980's when the govt. were answerable to the people. I do believe the Tories were in power then. People were encouraged to think for themselves and take control of their lives.
    Now the people are servants of the state and nanny Brown keeps us in check in case we should have ideas above our station.
    If you think it was the 1980s when the government were answerable to the people, you probably believe in Santa Claus too. Oh ....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      And how would the gov track voice over IP 3G mobile like wot I got?
      They'd sniff your packets. Fnarrr
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Anybody fancy a walk on 5 November?
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
        X