• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lack of payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you started in August, then presumably you invoiced at the end of the month and would have expected to be paid by the end of September. So it's not all that late yet.

I think I'd take the approach of having a quiet chat with a manager and just say that you're obviously not going to keep turning up without being paid and see if he can exert any pressure on the finance department. This sort of thing is most likely down to the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

I'm still trying to get paid for direct work I did in June. Should be going to court next week...
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

http://www.payontime.co.uk/
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Evidence suggests that the risk of not being paid is higher with an agency than with "a large international company, not financial, and not suffering any financial hardships."
        WHS

Wind up order post - WHS

Aslong as the Co is not going bust you'll get your money, start adding on penalty interest to your next invoice and see if that stirs anything up.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 February 2010, 10:39.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          If you started in August, then presumably you invoiced at the end of the month and would have expected to be paid by the end of September. So it's not all that late yet.
          whs. direct work will take longer and sometimes much longer than agencies. if your work is approved you should be fine. make sure your manager is aware - he/she should be able to pull strings if you politely point out your exposure and make it plain that you will need to stop working unless something happens.

Comment

Working...
          X