• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Northern chavs riot at cheap electronics sale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Why are many from the SE so hung up on cultural stereotypes, yet ignorant of Geographical boudaries within the UK.

Birmingham takes an hour by train to London. East Kent takes 1hr 30 mins

Yet southerners would assume Kent and London are similar yet the midlands is closer by train and assumed to be different.

Southerners also assume all of "The North" (wrongfully including the midlands) is close together and homogenous.

I live in the NW and via road I can get to Buckinghamshire quicker than say Newcastle. The area I live more resembles Surrey than Tyneside, but assumptions of the geogrphically illiterate are otherwise.

I never expected the South to be full of Pearly Kings and Queens eating Jellied eels as stereotypes would lead me to believe. In my experience
    hetrogeneity in the south is just as strong as it is between many areas of "The North" and likewise within "The North"

I waste my breath

oooooo touchy touchy
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
    X