• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will interest rates go down then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I'm glad that mine tracks .5% above the boe base rate until 2090. Can't see the rates going up much anytime soon.
    Worry about it in 82 years then. If your leasehold is less than 82 years to go, you might find a buyer for the balance of the term.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      What's the point of us voting (or not voting) for a government at all if we can't then expect them to act on our behalf when fuel companies/foreign governments/illegal immigrants/money-grabbing bankers don't play ball?

It's not about government control of everything, it's about government as representatives of the people and making sure we don't get completely ripped off. Especially when these financial places have caused the current problems in the first place and are being bailed out by money raised from the people.

The instinctive British fear of government control/nanny state, admirable though it is a lot of the time, does seem to stop beneficial and positive action being taken on our behalf as well.

HMG are earning 12% on preference shares. I order for the banks to pay this they must generate profits. Thus, they will not cut interest rates. This is a stealth tax on mortgagees by HMG to fill their black hole !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        HMG are earning 12% on preference shares. I order for the banks to pay this they must generate profits. Thus, they will not cut interest rates. This is a stealth tax on mortgagees by HMG to fill their black hole !!
        Better that HMG gets it than the fat bastards with their golden parachutes and billion bonusses I say!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hunt View Post
          whats to stop me walking into tulip west and asking for a 1% mortgage fixed for 22.75 years and when he tells me no , I can fire his ass
          The "I can fire his ass" bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Better that HMG gets it than the fat bastards with their golden parachutes and billion bonusses I say!!!!!!!!
            Not really, the fat bastards will use the money better.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Yes, but it is even better if we got it in interest rate cuts, which we won't because of HMG ineptness in screwing the banks for 12%!!

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
                Not really, the fat bastards will use the money better.
                Not on the currently available evidence.

HMG has never been much good at spending our tax money effectively, but if some of the collosal banking profits wind up in the treasury we might get our Victorian school, hospital and transport infrastructure upgraded.

Ok I'm being wildly optimistic, but when Lehmans UK bleated that the >2 Billion that was siphoned off by the US company was destined for bonus payments it makes you wonder just how many traders got how much.

Comment

Working...
                X