• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

www.politicalcompass.org

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.politicalcompass.org

Just tried the quiz. I come out just a bit more libertarian than Gandhi, and not far from the Dalai Lama. They must be a bit more aggressive than I thought, since there are a number of people I wouldn't mind seeing hanged, and at least one former prime minister whose grave I hope is shaped like a urinal.

Economic Left/Right: 4.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.59

a little to the left of Milton Friedman
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It probably varies depending on how you feel when you do it, and how much you let it vary because of that.

For example, I said that I don't think that capital punishment should be available. But then I read a news report about that poor teenage girl who made the failed 999 call while being abducted, raped, and murdered. If I had answered the question then, I would probably have allowed that hanging is too quick.

Comment

I often wonder what many posters here would be like in the flesh. Some come over as very uncaring, selfish, narrow minded, agressive, egomanics. But I'm sure most of it is said out of boredom to spark controversy and they are actually quite nice people.

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          I often wonder what many posters here would be like in the flesh. Some come over as very uncaring, selfish, narrow minded, agressive, egomanics. But I'm sure most of it is said out of boredom to spark controversy and they are actually quite nice people.

!WHS

Comment

Why not turn up at the next CUK party and find out?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Why not turn up at the next CUK party and find out?
              I had a good reason for not attending the last one

i am tempted to go, I'm sure most people are OK it's the 1% who scare me
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I always assumed it was the other way round.

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
                  Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00

a little to the left of Ghandi, pretty damn close to nelson mandela

and proud of it too..
                  Last edited by chef; 15 October 2008, 17:24.
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Left-wingers come over as very well-meaning, but their policies actually do more damage than good. Stupid people are often very nice people.

Comment

Working...
                    X