• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC Geek quiz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 out of 10, but most were just guesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
      I think the score is indicative of age i.e 6 years = 1 point, I got 5 and im 30+.
      erm that makes me 48. Most of them were 80s, so anyone below 40 should do OK
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

8-10: Super Mario
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          erm that makes me 48. Most of them were 80s, so anyone below 40 should do OK
          Nah I think there were some from every decade from 60's.

Comment

8 / 10
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

9/10 I got one of the consoles wrong.

I remember the beastie in question 6 all too well since it was a standard IBM XT 286 desktop in a "luggable" case and at the time I worked as a hardware engineer for an IBM dealership. I fixed dozens of them.
              The only non standard parts were the CRT tube, modified housing for the system unit and a couple of swivels on a standard IBM keyboard.
              Unreliable buggers since everything came unseated including the RAM chips when being lugged.

I resurrected a couple of Commodore Pets for a museum a few years ago, that was quite a challenge. Fortunately I still had parts from when I worked for a library mainframe company that used them for branch backup units in the event of comms failures.

Comment

2 / 10

2 lucky guesses i guess. or is that 3 unlucky?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                  2 / 10

2 lucky guesses i guess. or is that 3 unlucky?
                  Thats what I got!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Apple Lisas were my first work computer.

They seemed to attract dirt. It may just be my dodgy memory, but the cases always looked dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Thats what I got!!
                      And 2 lovely ones at that
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X