• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever been caught?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah - i always lock the trap door.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      Unlimited ? How much ? Any good ?
      3gb, £15/month, yes
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Do companies generally monitor internet usage on such a level?

Unfortunately I'm in an open plan office at work, with some right jobsworths behind me, so daren't even risk browsing CUK or anything non-work related except at lunchtime when everyone else is doing it.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Since I found out this gig's ending very soon I'm less inclined to worry about it...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

My client only grants internet and external email on an 'as need basis'
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Since I found out this gig's ending very soon I'm less inclined to worry about it...

Another reason I'm keeping my head down at work. Don't want to give them any excuse if they start culling contractors.

I dread them mentioning the "P" word to me. "No" might not be so well received when it comes to my renewal.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                3gb, £15/month, yes

Half that if you also have their mobile contract.
                Got 15 gb for £15 pm
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Another reason I'm keeping my head down at work. Don't want to give them any excuse if they start culling contractors.

I dread them mentioning the "P" word to me. "No" might not be so well received when it comes to my renewal.
                  They've mentioned it to me twice. The second time I declined I was asked if I was sure as if I turned them down again there would be a "P" word replacing me. So I'm off in a few weeks
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I was once asked to monitor internet use at a previous employer, to check whether people were using the company PCs to visit ‘unsuitable’ websites. Among the usual long list of news, job sites, car dealers, hotmail and so on I noticed some urls which pointed to sites demonstrating some very unconventional extra-curricular activities with dogs and horses, and traced the user id back to the CFO. I then suggested to him tactfully that he might advise his fellow directors to pursue other priorities and never heard anything about it again.
                    And did you decline to ask him for a back hander or 2 to keep quiet about his activities?
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      Half that if you also have their mobile contract.
                      Got 15 gb for £15 pm
                      Aye, 'tis a good deal that. I seem to recall I got about £50 back on Quidco as well.
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X