• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jacqui Smith - biggest threat to liberty in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

racist
    Yeah, right.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      Look we're all being silly here. Our government want this information to protect us from the nasty terrorists - That's all. It's not like they would use these kind of powers for something else once they are passed. Although that old bloke in the Labour party conference was charged under terrorism legislation......and like the whole of Iceland. At least it's better than being shot in the head 7 times.
      until you are
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

My son came home from school this afternoon with a "letter from Jacqui" (she's our MP) asking for submissions to her Christmas card competition. Any takers?

I suggested one of these.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

The name of the holiday is often shortened to Xmas because Roman letter "X" resembles the Greek letter of chi, an abbreviation for Christ.
          Well, I never knew that. But why should I; I'm a Pagan and believe that they stole our Yule festival.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Jacqui Smith is one paranoid beeatch. I think she believes everything the Police tell her. The Police who are institutionally racist and prejudgeist. No wonder they use spying on a small group as a reason to spy on us all. And we just go ahead and say okay - well, except for that chakrabarti woman.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              My son came home from school this afternoon with a "letter from Jacqui" (she's our MP) asking for submissions to her Christmas card competition. Any takers?

I suggested one of these.
              How about a nice big picture of a CCTV camera wrapped in tinsel.

That should go down a treat.

go on, I dare you!!!
              Last edited by SantaClaus; 15 October 2008, 19:57.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Database!

I think the money would be better invested in developing a mind probe.

We could all have weekly check-ups then, to ensure that we are all conforming.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

go on, I dare you!!!
                  Excellent!
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    Jacqui Smith is one paranoid beeatch. I think she believes everything the Police tell her. The Police who are institutionally racist and prejudgeist. No wonder they use spying on a small group as a reason to spy on us all. And we just go ahead and say okay - well, except for that chakrabarti woman.
                    Smith also suffers from a crippling poverty of ambition - she thinks it's fine to advise people not to walk around their own capital alone at night and sees nothing wrong with that, nor does she show any apparent ambition to improve things.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

go on, I dare you!!!
                      Someone curling one off onto a CCTV camera would be more appropriate I think.
                      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                      X