• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new mac....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Pro starts at £1399
    What was I thinking buying a similar spec Dell for less than £600.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      What was I thinking buying a similar spec Dell for less than £600.
      What you were thinking of and what dell actually supply are worlds apart.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Nice looking machine, shame it is so overpriced for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          Nice looking machine, shame it is so overpriced for what it is.
          Flippin heck, it's a week of firsts this week. I'm entirely in agreement with tay
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Sounds like the good and the bad side of Macs: good side is, Apple do make good stuff, it does work well and look good, and it does break the Wintel monopoly. Bad side is, their real model is to create a fan club and get them to overpay.

I.e they are not really monopoly-breakers, they're just a smaller monopoly.

Comment

What you were thinking of and what dell actually supply are worlds apart.
              I'm sure you could get a Dell which is just as well specced for a lot less. But with laptops, spec isn't the biggest thing... a £600 Dell would be much bulkier and heavier. And while I don't share the opinion that Dells are flimsy and unreliable, the Mac does look like it would be a lot tougher.

If I was using a laptop every day and had to carry it around, I'd spend more to get one that was light and thin.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Is it intentional the screen looks like a giant iPhone? I guess it must be.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The shiny new one starts at £949. You can get the old white one for £749.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...family/macbook

Pro starts at £1399

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...ro?mco=MTE2NjM

Very tempted by the £1749 15" model.
                  WHS, I'm currently searching for a student to exploit^H^H^H^H^H^H help me purchase it.
                  B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm sure you could get a Dell which is just as well specced for a lot less. .
                    I dispute that, until somebody can come up with a spec I can see it's all just speculation.

To find something comporable from dell you're probably looking at Alienware.

http://www.alienware.co.uk/product_p...l_default.aspx
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                      Flippin heck, it's a week of firsts this week. I'm entirely in agreement with tay
                      Same here.

I looked at it and thought - oooh looks sexy, but hefty price. I'd be looking for a 17'' screen when paying north of £1.7k for a start, although I guess it depends what you want it for.

They are nice looking bits of kit though.
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X