• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is buying all the shares?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Have you considered Gamblers Anonymous?
    Why?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      You shouldn't be buying shares if you don't understand the function of a Market maker.
      Can I nominate this for next week's "Out of Thin Air (TM) Village Idiot of the Week competition"?

Anyway, what happens to shares if I sell and nobody immediately wants to buy them? Or do they sit around unsold until someone does?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Can I nominate this for next week's "Out of Thin Air (TM) Village Idiot of the Week competition"?

Anyway, what happens to shares if I sell and nobody immediately wants to buy them? Or do they sit around unsold until someone does?
        That is exactly what happens. In practice, you'll almost always find a buyer, it just might take some time...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Why?
          Because you said, "but that's why you have lots of gambles to mitigate that risk."

Comment

Because you said, "but that's why you have lots of gambles to mitigate that risk."
            Not very "compulsive" behaviour is it? Silly jibe.

Comment

Not very "compulsive" behaviour is it? Silly jibe.
              Silly jibe? Well, sort of. But, my POV is that it IS gambling and the idea that "lots of gambles to mitigate that risk" sounds just like a horse racing punter who thinks that there's a System nobody else knows about, or that gambling is, in essence, always going to earn for you in the end. It ain't so.

Comment

Silly jibe? Well, sort of. But, my POV is that it IS gambling and the idea that "lots of gambles to mitigate that risk" sounds just like a horse racing punter who thinks that there's a System nobody else knows about, or that gambling is, in essence, always going to earn for you in the end. It ain't so.
                Your analogy fails as we all know horse-racing is fixed

My point(s) is(are),

You make your gambles low risk by doing your research.
                You make lots of gambles at a low value so up to 30-40% of them failing won't cause you to lose overall.

It's not a system, it's common sense. And there are people who make a living from both horses and the stock market.

Comment

Your analogy fails as we all know horse-racing is fixed

My point(s) is(are),

You make your gambles low risk by doing your research.
                  You make lots of gambles at a low value so up to 30-40% of them failing won't cause you to lose overall.

It's not a system, it's common sense. And there are people who make a living from both horses and the stock market.
                  I rest my case.

Comment

I rest my case.
                    You case is thrown out at half time as it's unproven.

Comment

You case is thrown out at half time as it's unproven.
                      That's a dirty trick and I protest!

Comment

Working...
                      X