• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky Hd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I once read that satellite TV is most popular with a certain class of society. Why is that?

I myself don't have satellite telly, I don't have enough time in the day for the first 5 channels never mind the rest. Even then the first 5 are usually utter tosh.

Discuss...
    You are a cheapskate boring loser?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I once read that satellite TV is most popular with a certain class of society. Why is that?

I myself don't have satellite telly, I don't have enough time in the day for the first 5 channels never mind the rest. Even then the first 5 are usually utter tosh.

Discuss...
      You're right, in an effort to ‘better’ myself visited the Tate modern and started reading Dostoevsky but I found myself pining for Premiership football and CSI. Must be my upbringing.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

If looking at tinned Human Poo at the Tate is bettering yourself.... I will pass thanks.

Comment

Went over to my neighbour's house at the weekend and while the TV was on noticed a big improvement over the "Sky HD" service I had @18 months ago.

The picture is better (abeit with some noise) but the sound is still pap.

I would probably get it after they know off the extra £10 fee, or get a freeview HD tuner.
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post

I would probably get it after they know off the extra £10 fee, or get a freeview HD tuner.
            You mean Freesat? A whole 2 HD channels...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Fine if you call 720p HD. I don't.
              The best 42" plasma you could get until Pioneer discontinued them was 720p.

Comment

On a screen size of 40” or less and sat at the correct viewing distance the human eye cannot tell the difference between 1080P and 720P, 1080P is useful if you have a bigger screen and like to sit too close.

SD pictures generally look worse on a 1080P than they do on a 720P, it all depends on the scalar.

Link

HTH.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Here's something that may interest those of you with multiple HD TVs...

http://www.pace.com/corporate/products/productDetails.asp?nav=products&productID=GENERIC-Multiroom
                  Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                  X