• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things That Are Annoying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and Robert Peston.

and Bill Turnbull.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
      I have just realized that I hate and am irritated by nearly everyone I have ever met. God rot them all.
      In that case why don't you just revert to your roots and scream EXTERMINATE!!!!

One of my current pet hates is the replacement of the letter L with a W in the pronunciation of some words. Griwed instead of grilled, muwti instead of multi, you get the picture.

Another is the expansion of txtspeak into the written medium, U is NOT and acceptable substitute for You, there are many more including using THERE instead of their and they're.

Front fog lights on cars appear to have become a fashion accessory utilised by the brainless and a substitute for headlights in many cases, I find them rather uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        what kind of lies pacifically?
        I see what you've done there.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          In that case why don't you just revert to your roots and scream EXTERMINATE!!!!

One of my current pet hates is the replacement of the letter L with a W in the pronunciation of some words. Griwed instead of grilled, muwti instead of multi, you get the picture.

Another is the expansion of txtspeak into the written medium, U is NOT and acceptable substitute for You, there are many more including using THERE instead of their and they're.

Front fog lights on cars appear to have become a fashion accessory utilised by the brainless and a substitute for headlights in many cases, I find them rather uncomfortable.
          Don't forget and not being an acceptable substitute for an
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            what kind of lies pacifically?
            Lies of the "stonking great huge" variety! Grrrr
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

FFS

The contractor sat near to me has just said it AGAIN!! What increases the annoyance is that she says it with such mis-placed confidence and is seemingly UTTERLY OBLIVIOUS to the fact that she is using the wrong goddamn word!!

Who needs a drink?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Lies of the "stonking great huge" variety! Grrrr
                How big did he tell you it was

Comment

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
                  How big did he tell you it was
                  Not a he - this case it's a she.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    FFS

The contractor sat near to me has just said it AGAIN!! What increases the annoyance is that she says it with such mis-placed confidence and is seemingly UTTERLY OBLIVIOUS to the fact that she is using the wrong goddamn word!!

Who needs a drink?
                    Just ask where specifically in the Pacific was she talking about.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      Just ask where specifically in the Pacific was she talking about.

I'm on it...

Comment

Working...
                      X