• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomwatch - EDS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh bugger....

I'm sorry God. It will not happen again. Honest.
    I'm sorry God. It will not happen again. Honest.

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
      I have sympathy for the staff members of EDS who are loosing their jobs on a personal level but no sympathy at all for EDS, Accenture and HP. On a more general level they are very badly managed and resourced - i.e. cheap.

I have worked with an for HP, EDS, IBM, Accenture and Sun.
      The best in general by far is Sun. It's a shame that they disdanded the department. IBM - in gereral good but sometimes instead of getting an end product you just get a report!

It all comes down to the cost for the job. If someone wants something cheap
      that may or may not work / no handover and cost overruns etc then the EDS types fit the bill. It they want a product that costs what it says on the tin and is handed over professionally then IBM/ Sun fit the bill.

You get what you pay for and with EDS, Accenture HP etc that is not very much.
      That'll be almost everyone then.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
      X