• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BofE announces Rate cut by .5% !!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Are they going under too? Where will I buy my newspapers?
    The chip shop.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Yes crasguru , after the BofE said that it was cutting !!!!
      You must be right - those godless pinkos over at bloomberg are also saying it is coordinated - can't possibly be true.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I wish I had lots of debt.

But I doubt the banks will pass pass much on to borrowers (average card rates still > 15%)

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Dunno, who to trust more - Bagpuss from CUK or 6 of the biggest central banks in the world. Hmm, tough one.
          Bagpuss. No contest.

Comment

.... and as I am with HSBC on a tracker I expect 100% of this cut !!!
            Me too - boomed! (sort of)

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
              You must be right - those godless pinkos over at bloomberg are also saying it is coordinated - can't possibly be true.

Even for a coordinated move it still takes one party to state their intentions. All I am saying is that we had more reasons to cut than the EU and therefore probably told them our intentions. They then obviously agreed to follow.

The fact remains that we still have the ability to act unilaterally because we have the pound. If we did not have the pound then we are at the mercy of ECB decisions which are ultra-cautious. The ECB had a meeting just over a week ago and decided to keep rates as they were !!!

I expect another half point cut by HMG(err sorry... independent BofE) very soon !!!

Comment

Even for a coordinated move it still takes one party to state their intentions. All I am saying is that we had more reasons to cut than the EU and therefore probably told them our intentions. They then obviously agreed to follow.

The fact remains that we still have the ability to act unilaterally because we have the pound. If we did not have the pound then we are at the mercy of ECB decisions which are ultra-cautious. The ECB had a meeting just over a week ago and decided to keep rates as they were !!!

I expect another half point cut by HMG(err sorry... independent BofE) very soon !!!
                Soon be at a Japanese style 0% interest rates, 80% fall in property prices, and no lending or borrowing possible.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Soon be at a Japanese style 0% interest rates, 80% fall in property prices, and no lending or borrowing possible.

I would imagine that all banks that participate in 'partial nationalisation' have been instructed to cut by .5% or else !!!! HMG are now calling the tune..... but this is 1 year too LATE !!!

Comment

I would imagine that all banks that participate in 'partial nationalisation' have been instructed to cut by .5% or else !!!! HMG are now calling the tune..... but this is 1 year too LATE !!!
                    How can it be 1 year too late? Last year the housing market was still climbing. Cutting rates may have prelonged the boom and added further to bad debt.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      How can it be 1 year too late? Last year the housing market was still climbing. Cutting rates may have prelonged the boom and added further to bad debt.

... because Northern Rock would not have been nationalised, Bradford and Bingley would have survived, and the US had cut their interest rates drastically in June 2007 !!! .... lending may not have totally dried up and we would not now already be in a recession!!

This government have been totally incompetent and this delay in rate cut and recapitalisation of the banks will be shown to cause many more job losses than were necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X