• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HIV+ in 2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your mate might not be telling the whole truth.

He is going to have a hard time because of people like DP. Nobody is ever quite going to believe him so not only will he be +ve but everyone will think (and treat him like) he is gay or a druggie.

You must be a true friend for him to feel he can tell you, don't let him down.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      I think your mate might not be telling the whole truth.

He is going to have a hard time because of people like DP. Nobody is ever quite going to believe him so not only will he be +ve but everyone will think (and treat him like) he is gay or a druggie.

You must be a true friend for him to feel he can tell you, don't let him down.
      I didn't want to write this intially because I feel it's insensitive but now I can jump on the bandwagon. I don't believe the story either. Not that he doesn't have HIV, you have to be a pretty f*cked up puppy to lie about that, just the means of infection.

Condom "slips" off
      Sex continues (why wear the condom then?)
      Spermicide from condom etc still there (believe this lessons chance of infection)
      2nd time having sex
      Guessing it was the "right" hole based on line above
      Woman

Hmmm.....nope.....just doesn't add up...or like he say he's possibly the most unlucky bloke out there (which is of course possible, just hard to believe)

Comment

You can't guarantee that your friend has told you the whole truth.
        Maybe he he picked up a hooker, maybe he's Bi. that is irrelevant.
        Support and a true friend are what will help him through this.
        He must be in mental and emotional turmoil right now, and it will take him some time to come to terms with it. Your being there as a shoulder to lean on, as somebody he can talk to, is the best and only thing that you can do for him now.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

He shouldn't tell people. There's no reason for them to know, they are colleagues, not friends. I can't think why he'd want to.

I would imagine all medical personnel (including First Aiders) follow procedures that take into account the possibility the patient is infected.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
            I would imagine all medical personnel (including First Aiders) follow procedures that take into account the possibility the patient is infected.
            I was thinking along those lines aswell, just quickly googled it and found this
            http://aids.about.com/od/hivandthewo.../a/workhiv.htm

Seems to be no legal requirement to tell an employer especially since he just has a regular desk job and wouldn't be an infection risk to others.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Does wiping it off on a clean bit of curtain reduce the risk any?
              Have you got any "clean" curtain left?

Comment

Working...
              X