• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NL saved.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Perhaps he really was responsible for sound management and the steady growth of the UK economy, and now the greedy deregulated bankers really are responsible for its downfall?

He has presided over incompetent regulation, and even made changes that weakened that regulation, and thus he is culpable for much of the current downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      He has presided over incompetent regulation, and even made changes that weakened that regulation, and thus he is culpable for much of the current downturn.
      Tell that to Bush, he'll organize regime change for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        You are failing to take into account the stupidity of the uk population. He will get away with it if he can get the media onside and they will tell everybody so many times that it wasn't his fault until it becomes 'true'
        Fair point
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          No one is blaming him for the world economic position, just farking up the UK's economy.

And as for being a reasonable PM, it seems to me everything he touches turns to shit...

[placeholder for stab stabbity stab stab smilie]
          He couldn't really have inherited the job at a worse time though... every country is having big problems and I'm certain if the Tories had got in last election things would be little different.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            it must be his time as chancellor that is more significant to the current problems. I thought he was generally regarded as doing an OK kind of job in that role...
            Only by himself.

We are in the Sh*t we are in because of GB's time as Chancellor.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              You are failing to take into account the stupidity of the uk population. He will get away with it if he can get the media onside and they will tell everybody so many times that it wasn't his fault until it becomes 'true'
              Indeed - some people still think Thatcher reduced taxes even though she didn't - people will believe what they want often according to blind loyalty rather than any basis of fact.

That said I hope Gordo fails - it's time we had a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Indeed - some people still think Thatcher reduced taxes even though she didn't - people will believe what they want often according to blind loyalty rather than any basis of fact.
                Do you have another record you could play?
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

people will believe what they want often according to blind loyalty rather than any basis of fact.
                  You're quite right of course, I take back everything I've said about El Gordo. In fact, the boy's done good!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

That said I hope Gordo fails - it's time we had a change.
                    What an idiotic cliche that again missies the point of Thatcher. Taxes may not have gone down in terms of revenues taken , but she created an environment of wealth creation that enabled people (all people including the working class) to make more money. With such an environment people had access to borrowing, and enjoyed more choice in how they spent their money. The wealth base went up and so probably did taxes.

The same thing happened in the USA. Reagan by reducing the tax levels actually increased the amount of tax that was paid.

You and the rest of your small minded lefties cannot bear to attribute credit to where it is due. Your attitude to Thatcher is exactly the inverse of your
                    own words- "people will believe what they want often according to blind loyalty rather than any basis of fact"
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                      Only by himself.

We are in the Sh*t we are in because of GB's time as Chancellor.

tim
                      I don't recall the media and general public being particularly upset with him. Sure people whinged about tax but they ALWAYS do that... meanwhile interest and inflation stayed low and the world didn't collapse.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X