• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Core Voters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Core Voters

We get a lot of comments on here suggesting all (or at least the vast makority of) benefit recipients and public servants vote Labour. Has anyone actually seen any genuine research on this or do people 'just know' it?

This is CUK we all know everything though TwAtty and ASSguru are the ones who are right.

It would make sense for that demographic to vote Labour though. The Tories tend to reduce public sector and benefits.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, as they say !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, as they say !!!
        I think we can take that as 'they "just Know" it'.

Comment

This is by social class rather than employment type and covers the period of 1974 - 1997. It supports the idea that the lower classes tend to vote Labour.

http://tutor2u.net/politics/content/...ass_voting.htm

The drop in the Conservative vote between 1992 and 1997 is huge !

Comment

I don't think Mrs Thatcher could have been elected without some doleites and public sector workers voting for her though could she?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              I don't think Mrs Thatcher could have been elected without some doleites and public sector workers voting for her though could she?

Some would have voted for Thatcher and these would have been the bright, young, intelligent minority in the public sector who had aspirations to better themselves by their own efforts, perhaps by running their own businesses or working in the private sector 'jungle', rather than spongeing off of the poor taxpayer all of their working lives.

The majority though are happy with their union-protected jobs, index-linked subsidised pensions and will obviously vote to maintain their status.

Comment

The majority though are happy with their union-protected jobs, index-linked subsidised pensions and will obviously vote to maintain their status

Classic economics - self interest.

This was the group who returned Blair to power and will return Labour to power again - Time Will Tell.

Comment

That article doesn't prove the CUK myth that those on benefits and on state jobs vote labour. Look at the swing by middle class voters to Labour. That is why Labour got in. Traditional working class Labour support is not to blame that has remained fairly constant. Moreover, The Conservative pary have always had strong working class support (if not as strong as Labour), I've posted the evidence in the past on class voting patterns in the last 100 yrs but I can't be bothered to search for it now. Those on benefits don't tend to vote, why would they? they get paid Labour or Conservative. "Are you looking for a job today, son?" - "No can't be bothered, but I'm just off to fulfil my civic duty and vote, after I've scored some weed" - are you havin a laff?

If you want to blame someone, blame your neighbours/relations/work colleagues.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    We get a lot of comments on here suggesting all (or at least the vast makority of) benefit recipients and public servants vote Labour. Has anyone actually seen any genuine research on this or do people 'just know' it?
                    lol - this is the general forum...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X