• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You have a right to vote. Why do you abuse that right by not voting?
    In one word: Trust

Not voting is a conscience decision, not laziness, so perhaps I am voting in a way.

I'll vote on local issues that effect the community I live in, that's important to me. The scales of economy are so diverse throughout our country I don't see how one rule can apply to all.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      What gets on my tits is the people who just can not be arsed.
      ... and then start whinging about the state of the NHS, schools etc. etc. WHS.

Comment

That's why we end up in a pickle.

Eligible voters should be forced to vote!

(Your opinion may differ.)
        You get fined for not voting in Mrs PL's country of origin.

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        What gets on my tits is the people who just can not be arsed.
        Maybe they should introduce an X-factor style phone in.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          But in this X-factor generation,
          I like that.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          But in this X-factor generation, the public think they should be able to vote out MPs/governments just because they don't like something. We'd have a new PM every 4 weeks if it went on what the public want.
          No I don't. I don't mind the PM continuing with a term as it is, none whatsoever. To have hundreds of thousands of people march on the streets and not have one bit of influence on the PM's decisions scares me. The French do not have this problem...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Eligible voters should be forced to vote!
            You'd like China...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              You'd like China...
              Look it's an opinion.

Quit with the personal jibes.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                I would venture it is not so much Governments that wage war but commercial lobbying groups which effectively steer and manipualte Government down that path - thats why Blair could safely ignore the 90 per cent of the UK population whom were against the War and still win the next election.
                90%? Where did we get this nugget from?
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Bottom line for me. We all know the difference from what is right and what is wrong. Every individual knows this. This notion becomes a lost cause when people develop large organised groups.

Trying to create equilibrium of wealth is a joke. You press the reset button and you'll always have rich and poor. That's not important. What is important is to realise you don't need wealth to live.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    This one gets on my nips. The right to vote INCLUDES the right to abstain, and long may it continue.
                    whs

Sorry BM.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                      At best IR35 will be left quietly on the back burner. No government will ever repeal revenue raising powers, however badly implemented they are. Pitt the Younger in 1798 said that income tax would only be a temporary measure!

I don't think this raises much extra tax, but it must cost a lot of civil servants, lawyers etc to implement. I'd abolish IR35 and sack thousands of IR non-job staff.

Comment

Working...
                      X