• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Defence of the Realm ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Try visiting Wishaw l - make sure you've got your will updated !
    Friends of mine visited Poland and say it was great - cheap prices (though growing recently). Have you seen prices in Moscow nowadays? More expensive than London, rude staff, dangerous country - no wonder number of tourists going to Russia is dropping now.

St Peterbourg should be nice indeed - never was there myself but I'd recommend it above Moscow.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      AtW,

What makes you the expert on Russian military hardware?
      Don't be silly. atW is an expert on everything.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Don't be silly. atW is an expert on everything.
        Did you have school lessons about military hardware of your own and "potential enemies"? That's when I first seen odd RAF circles, looked very Japanese to me

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

The radio-electronic signature of Tu-160 and something like Boeing 747 are pretty distinct - did not they teach you that in UK GCSEs?
          WTF is a radio-electronic signature?

Do you mean Radar signature?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            WTF is a radio-electronic signature?
            Do you mean Radar signature?
            In English Radar signature is probably a better term, mine was direct translation from Russian military terminology. I was hoping it would be Incognito who'd ask this question as it would prove he knows nothing about Soviet/Russian military hardware.

Comment

Have you seen Google Earth? They show my car parked next to my house, does it mean there were no clouds in UK when they made the shots?
              Of course it does.

Do you know how many passes the satellite had to make before it could get a shot? Google don't put the ones with clouds on the Google Earth - what would be the point.

Once again, your lack of joined up thinking outs you as the town-class idiot you are.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Friends of mine visited Poland and say it was great - cheap prices (though growing recently). Have you seen prices in Moscow nowadays? More expensive than London, rude staff, dangerous country - no wonder number of tourists going to Russia is dropping now.

St Peterbourg should be nice indeed - never was there myself but I'd recommend it above Moscow.

My first visit was in 1992 (work related) then again in 1998 - pity you havent seen St Petersburg it is a fnatastic place to visit.

Yes I am aware the Moscow is now very expensive, having been there twice already theres not a lot which woud make me visit again.

Poland I have heard is worthwhile though the best country I have visited in the former Eastern Block was Bulgaria - Sofia being akin to the Paris of the East - certainly worth a visit,

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  My first visit was in 1992 (work related) then again in 1998 - pity you havent seen St Petersburg it is a fnatastic place to visit.
                  Yes it should be pretty nice.

1998 was year of default - from August that is, right now Moscow is extremely expensive more so than London: every time you refuel your car or use any gas generated electricity you help pay salaries of Chelsea football players.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Do you know how many passes the satellite had to make before it could get a shot?
                    What I know is that if Google can make free Google Earth then Pentagon could do 100 times better and faster.

I don't think calling me an idiot exactly helps you look smart or in any way makes your arguement stronger.

Comment

What I know is that if Google can make free Google Earth then Pentagon could do 100 times better and faster.

I don't think calling me an idiot exactly helps you look smart or in any way makes your arguement stronger.
                      Not all Google Earth images are Satellite photographs.

Also, have a look at Faslane on GEarth!

The Missile Safe at Coulport is a little clouded over...

Comment

Working...
                      X