• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Survey- What % of the IT at your client are contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea, company is too big to tell

Been on other contracts where contractors were 100% of the IT workforce (short term job, no IT presence in company)

Last longer term contract, 3 contractors, 2 IT staff... although only 1 of them actually did any IT work
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

about 75% with my lot. That's 100% of the non-managers and a few of the managers.

Comment

Originally posted by YHB View Post
        Just been looking at the org chart for company i work with currently (large hedge fund), and its around 35-40% which was suprising.
        I would have thought that, given the nature of the beasts, Hedge Funds would be using a larger proportion than usual of contingent workers.

Comment

70% (public sector) and they make us wear yellow neckstraps on our badges rather than permie blue. Always a relief when you go to a meeting, look around the table and see a sea of yellow. Might actually get some work done rather than fielding stoopid questions from Mrs 'i joined as a receptionist 5 years ago and due to lovely public sector career progression am now a IT Consultant, even though i have no clue what i am doing'

Comment

70% - insurance at the moment. Think they'd struggle to get any good permies to settle here - it's soo fecking dull!
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
            X