• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explainer: Santander grew under strict reserves regime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Not in the least.
    Why?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Why?
      Why not?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Why not?
        I suppose one needs conscience and general decency to consider impact on ones actions (even if they are legal).

I'd say if this was now times of Dickens you'd be the guy who used child labour in coal mines.

Comment

I suppose one needs conscience and general decency to consider impact on ones actions (even if they are legal).

I'd say if this was now times of Dickens you'd be the guy who used child labour in coal mines.
          There, there!
          Nurse!
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

There, there!
            So you are not denying that you'd use child labour to mine coal if you lived in Britain at the time of Dickens?

How many BTLs did you sell at the height of the market? 3 or 5?

Comment

It will be interesting to see what will happen to the Swiss banks (excluding UBS and Credit Suisse ). I don't know about the coverage for debt, but the mortgage requirements are similar to Spain, and there is no housing market crash, because there is no housing market, nor has there ever been.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                he mortgage requirements are similar to Spain
                That maybe so but the Swiss foolishly got into debt derivatives based on morgages issued by other banks - Spanish rules appear to have taken care of this issue with banks not allowed off balance sheet shady deals.

It is shocking that bank regulation in Spain (country of huge real estate boom) appears to be better than in Switzerland.

Comment

So you are not denying that you'd use child labour to mine coal if you lived in Britain at the time of Dickens?

How many BTLs did you sell at the height of the market? 3 or 5?
                  I've concluded that you're a bit weak in the head, and carrying on responding to your inanities is like mocking the afflicted. And for those reasons I'm out.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

And for those reasons I'm out.
                    No no, you are out because you were shown to be factually incorrect in your accusation (bedsit stuff), then you tried to hang on to house sharing and that failed too even though I gave you lifeline saying I did share it more than 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

I predicted a year ago that B&B and HBOS could be the next to fall after the nationalisation of the Rock. I now predict that Santander could hit similar problems. As I say, let's wait and see !!
                      woah... WOAH!!! easy there tiger!!

Your crazy predictions are impressing us all. In the spirit of trying to keep up I will make some predictions.

The world could implode tomorrow, I could win this weekends lottery, ATW could get laid this weekend

Are you all impressed with my 'nostradamus like' powers of could yet?

Either predict Santander will crash or STFU with your sweeping generalisations of doom.. sorry could doom, you know nothing about Santander quite cleary.
                      Last edited by tay; 1 October 2008, 13:21.

Comment

Working...
                      X