• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is turning to a permie role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Slave to a wage or a contract...difference?
    UBER DOOMED !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      UBER DOOMED !!!

Comment

I went permie a few weeks back - love it! Paid rain, hail or shine and the work's a doddle. Salary is tasty, as are the perks. Lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
          I went permie a few weeks back - love it! Paid rain, hail or shine and the work's a doddle. Salary is tasty, as are the perks. Lovely!

Where is Milan ? What comes after UBER ?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post

Where is Milan ? What comes after UBER ?
            Alles? Or just repeat UBER a few times.

Comment

Oh my god, you're all going soft. Get off this site now. Go on - Shoo. Away with you.
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Just repeat Über.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  Oh my god, you're all going soft. Get off this site now. Go on - Shoo. Away with you.
                  CRUNCH!

Comment

permie

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    CRUNCH!
                    what made you go permie oracleslave, have you noticed a big change in the market? I haven't been keeping too close an eye, but my feeling was the Oracle market was still decent, with rates slightly lower.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
                      what made you go permie oracleslave, have you noticed a big change in the market? I haven't been keeping too close an eye, but my feeling was the Oracle market was still decent, with rates slightly lower.
                      Combination of a load of things, some of them personal/lifestyle related which I won't get into. From a work perspective:

Am tired of doing delivery work myself. It now bores me. The permanent move was a chance to manage a delivery team so saw in it a good opportunity for me.

Rates wise I was on my best ever for a 3 month contract before going permie so I think they are holding up. I do think there are a lot less contracts out there though so those contractors that are half decent should be fine. Some of the not so good or experienced ones I think might struggle for the next little while.

Comment

Working...
                      X