• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Pacamac?
    If you've got one, I think it's about to rain.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      13:22 Spacecadet starts a thread suggesting that either all credit crunch speculation be moved to a new subforum, or DP be banned.

13:23 DP responds with The Word That Must Not Be Posted (no, not "L***" - word, not name) And Particularly Not In A Font Size That Is Larger Than The Font Size On This Forum According To The Default Font Size Setting That Is Normally Used.

13:38 ferret shovels DP into the BanBin for a couple of days.

13:51 King Cnvt posts that DP has been banned.

ONGOING: Other users make posts containing The Word That Must Not Be... (et cetera, see above) though without adjusting the font's size, weight, or colour.

14:01 ferret, in response to queries from other denizens, states that the ban will endure for "just a couple of days." However, he also suggests that those who have been sliding towards a ban may be on thin ice.

ONGOING: More testing of the limits by people who don't learn by the experience of others. See it as saying to a child "Don't touch that, it's hot!" and then watching them touch it.

14:27 Scourer creates a poll asking whether DP should be relieved of the ban... or AndyW, or something.

14:29 SA arrives late to the party

14:34 Somehow, 100+ votes appear on Scourer's poll, opposing the unbanning of DP

14:35 The denizens seem to be getting the point and are self-censoring

15:57 RandyW appears from the mists of earlier this year, though never to do so again

15:58 Oh Dear... not Oh Yes, but Oh Dear - somebody forgets they were only released under licence, and is rapidly returned to the Juvenile Correction Facility - oops, I mean re-banned

ONGOING: The fear begins to spread...

17:02 ferret reveals the truth about that Cnut, simultaneously with Carling Wotsit (clearly a witch - burn her!)

17:05 RandyW buys it, and somebody we all know and love (N.B he's edited that post now, but the original is sitting safely in the database at testpleasedelete.com) decides to ease off a little

19:14 Some sockpuppets appear to be crawling out of the festering mass.

That's enough playing at Geoffrey of Monmouth for me tonight

There's more, but that's all I could be bothered to track down. If you're that interested, do the rest yourselves

NickFitz is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        You are back!!!

Where have you been??
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Ah! I see one of the Missing in Action folks has returned.

Hello chap.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Stingy barsteward. That was worth 10 pts at least!

WB btw.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              You are back!!!

Where have you been??
              Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Ah! I see one of the Missing in Action folks has returned.

Hello chap.
              Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Stingy barsteward. That was worth 10 pts at least!

WB btw.
              Hello and thanks.

Just a little self-imposed CUK breather.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
              X