• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That word.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If I cant say certain words how am I going to express my mirth at the fact that I was in a mexican in munich that had translated "chicken ********" as "chicken ****" on the menu?
    But what was the font size of the menu?

Comment

Can we use the term "bakery good" instead?
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        Can we use the term "bakery good" instead?
        That is part of the issue though isn't it. Just how many eupamisms are there and will they all be banned?

I am as guilty as anyone for asking new girlies to show us their [insert weapon of choice here] but it is all done in fun. This is a fairly robust forum and members need a sense of humour and a thick skin. If they can't stand up to this sort of questioning then they are going to be very offended on a daily basis particularly if they end up arguing with some of our more forthright (and often wrong) members.

I do agree that we do not want this forum to descend into the realms of other boards, but this group seems capable of self policing and willing to take issue with those who would be better off at cc.net.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          That is part of the issue though isn't it. Just how many eupamisms are there and will they all be banned?

I am as guilty as anyone for asking new girlies to show us their [insert weapon of choice here] but it is all done in fun. This is a fairly robust forum and members need a sense of humour and a thick skin. If they can't stand up to this sort of questioning then they are going to be very offended on a daily basis particularly if they end up arguing with some of our more forthright (and often wrong) members.

I do agree that we do not want this forum to descend into the realms of other boards, but this group seems capable of self policing and willing to take issue with those who would be better off at cc.net.
          Offensive filth!

Comment

Working...
          X