• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Further qualifications and the BCS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    ... and who all worship Clive Sinclair.
    hold on now.. i'm not having that.. Clive is a good man .. i'd not be the geek i am today if it wasn't for my ZX Spectrum 128k+2, no sarcasm or nasty remarks towards Sir Clive

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      hold on now.. i'm not having that.. Clive is a good man .. i'd not be the geek i am today if it wasn't for my ZX Spectrum 128k+2, no sarcasm or nasty remarks towards Sir Clive

Chef
      Clive's a nonce, and everyone knows it.

As for the ZX Spectrum 128k+2: my BBC Acorn wiped the floor with it, which is why I am now not having to consider working in the arctic climes of Scandinavia, but, rather, the sunny environs of sainted Hammersmith!

Comment

Clive's a nonce, and everyone knows it.

As for the ZX Spectrum 128k+2: my BBC Acorn wiped the floor with it, which is why I am now not having to consider working in the arctic climes of Scandinavia, but, rather, the sunny environs of sainted Hammersmith!
        The Z80A is a far superior processor to the 6502!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Maybe it was the speccy's rubber buttons, or Jeff Minter's camel-infested silly games that made me hate it?

Comment

Maybe it was the speccy's rubber buttons, or Jeff Minter's camel-infested silly games that made me hate it?
            Jeff Minter is a nice guy. Even though he does have a penchant for Yaks and other large woolly mammals!

Tokenised Basic was the real problem with the speccy as far as I'm concerned. However, there's some sexy code in the ROM, particularly some of the maths stuff!

Comment

Surely Bob you're bordering on Libel!
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Completely dissagree old dog.

If anything, the 6502 was the first RISC chip. The Z80 series as an 8080 with a load of cobbled-on old tat.

LDA
                LDX
                LDY

Ahhh

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  Surely Bob you're bordering on Libel!
                  Essex, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

If anything, the 6502 was the first RISC chip. The Z80 series as an 8080 with a load of cobbled-on old tat.

LDA
                    LDX
                    LDY

Ahhh
                    WHS... I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

LDA
                      LDX
                      LDY

Ahhh
                      When I was writing games for a living we subcontracted some work to a bloke who claimed to be an ace C64 programmer.

See if you can spot the main problem with this fine bit of code he came up with:

Code:
                      .add100points
                         LDX #100
                      .loop
                         CLC
                         LDA scorelo
                         ADC #1
                         STA scorelo
                         LDA scorehi
                         ADC #0
                         STA scorehi
                         DEX