• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

master day trader update !?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Incidentally this $700 billion dollar won't work - it ain't nearly big enough.
    Indeed. If anything, this deal will make things much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Now is not the time to buy anything. Gather cash and Gold.
      The stockmarket does turn around pretty quickly though, all that stuff about buying when everybody else has given up ! With the government bailing everything out there is a bottom to some of the finance shares, I think we may be close for the sounder ones but what do I now. My theory is buy Lloyds as they'll pull out of buying HBOS.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Yes not looking good is it. I'm going to hold for now - I expect a bounce back later in the week when the deal is made law.

That is pure guesswork - but you are probably right. The question is how much will be enough?

What is needed is honesty. A rare commodity for bankers.....

Comment

So you know better than Bernanke & The Fed and US Congress, then do you?

What would you do then, and why? In less than 100 words please.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

You can't question DimPrawn's financial savvy, he's a millionaire!
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

Let each bankrupt bank fail. Use taxpayers money to help depositors and borrowers only.

Setup new banks.

It's called Capitalism.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                WHS

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Ex-Millionaire. I reckon Diver is the richest person on here.

Comment

Let each bankrupt bank fail. Use taxpayers money to help depositors and borrowers only.

Setup new banks.

It's called Capitalism.

Actually I agree of course. This is sending the wrong message to the banks about what they can get away with in future.

Also developing 3rd world countries that are being told by the US not to nationalise and opt for a freemarket economy. Double standards. This says capitalism does not work.

Comment

$900 billion / $10 million each = 70,000 bonuses. Isn't that enough?

Comment

Working...
                      X