• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For ex-pats missing English food...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For ex-pats missing English food...

English food slide show.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Excellent Jacques Chirac - how wrong he was about British food!!!
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Looks like a load of fried, tinned, processed gunk. Can't beat real home-made food with fresh ingredients whether it be French or trad English.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Agree with HyperD here
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Hear, hear, HyperD. I wouldn't call much of the stuff on there "food", traditional English or otherwise. Still, at least the owner of the slideshow will have keeled over from a heart attack soon.

Comment

If only British food was more like this...
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

A small selection of British dishes:-

Kentish Pigeons in a Pot with Plums
              Braised Haunch of Venison
              Jugged Hare
              Rothiemurchus Collops of Venison
              Creamed Smoked Haddock
              Jellied Eel Mousse with Watercress Sauce
              Wandle Baked Stuffed Trout

There are a few restaurants that offer traditional, home made meals that taste fantastic - Rules, Simpson's, Bentleys, Mrs. T's Supper Room. Too many times we look to other countries saying that they have better food than we do. However, a culture of fry-ups, fast food outlets, supermarkets with appallingly overcropped and tasteless food and ignorance have done an injustice to good British cooking here.

However saying that, I think real sushi is the most beautifully presented food I've ever seen.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I had a delicious jugged hare at Simpson's last week. That really was the true taste of British cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                  Looks like a load of fried, tinned, processed gunk. Can't beat real home-made food with fresh ingredients whether it be French or trad English.
                  Funny scene yesterday at a supermarket. A father, probably south-american speaking spanish, shouting at his child not to eat that "mierda" (tulip) canned tin food. Do we need more illegal immigrants to bring up the quality of food here?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    Funny scene yesterday at a supermarket. A father, probably south-american speaking spanish, shouting at his child not to eat that "mierda" (tulip) canned tin food. Do we need more illegal immigrants to bring up the quality of food here?
                    But that was a supermarket, full of tins and processed crap in packets. A supermarket isn't cuisine. British supermarkets are pretty dire by world standards.
                    What are supermarkets like in Italy?
                    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                    X