• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seduced by the Apple

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seduced by the Apple

Ok so there is me walking down Regent Street. I wander into the Apple Store and boy was I impressed!! I am now considering batting for the other side. What would a Mac mean in my home environment? I see you can get Word and other Microsoft applications on the Mac. Is this a good idea to abandon the PC and swim with the sharks?
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Originally posted by Chico
    Is this a good idea to abandon the PC and swim with the sharks?
    Since you can't accept rational arguements about non-existance of God and general bullsh1tness that comes from the Church, it is understandable that you will consider buying Mac.

Maybe your God will allow you run x86 software on it?

Comment

Alexei you been drinking again?
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

[QUOTE=Chico]Seduced by the apple[QUOTE]

I believe some bint was also seduced by the Apple, and look at the price every man has paid since. Go look it up in your bible!

Comment

Mac are better than PC's (and also look better unless you invest in designer case's/monitors)

But about 80% of the software is designed for PC exclusivly, 15% eventually get Mac version but much later than the pc

So unless you are heavly into graphic/artistic design i would never recommed a mac to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
            Alexei you been drinking again?
            Don't drink before 11pm on working days, which for me is 7 days a week.

Comment

Chico, wait a little while, there's a mac coming with i86 processor. You'll probably be able to run all the mac and all the pc software on the one box which'll look cool and won't crash...
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                Chico, wait a little while, there's a mac coming with i86 processor. You'll probably be able to run all the mac and all the pc software on the one box which'll look cool and won't crash...
                Interesting comment Threaded thanks - that is exactly what my brother said. Something about Macs being powered by Intel chips and ditching IBM chips.
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Okilly-dokilly Chico, straight from MosesSoft Hardware Store, new Tablet PC with BurningBush chipset and 10 commands:-

1. Thou shalt not be a bore on forums
                  2. Thou shalt not have a low self esteem and then use thy religion to create a reason to be outwardly arrogant
                  3. Thou shalt take thy fingers out of thine ears and listen
                  4. Thou shalt debate without fear of challenging thy precarious view of the world
                  5. Thou shalt not buy a ridiculous 4x4 to bolster thy low self esteem
                  6. Thou shalt not be ignorant and arrogant
                  7. Thou shalt show humility
                  8. Thou shalt fear thy god and not say I fear nothing for being held as a hypocrite
                  9. Thou shalt just accept a religion if so desired without having to justify thy own beliefs and security by shoving it down everyone's throats at any opportunity
                  10. Thou shalt have normal friends.
                  Last edited by Ned Flanders; 1 September 2005, 21:11.
                  Okilly-dokilly neighbour!

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Flanders
                    Okilly-dokilly Chico, straight from MosesSoft Hardware Store, new Tablet PC with BurningBush chipset and 10 commands:-

1. Thou shalt not be a bore on forums
                    2. Thou shalt not have a low self esteem and then use thy religion to create a reason to be outwardly arrogant
                    3. Thou shalt take thy fingers out of thine ears and listen
                    4. Thou shalt debate without fear of challenging thy precarious view of the world
                    5. Thou shalt not buy a ridiculous 4x4 to bolster thy low self esteem
                    6. Thou shalt not be ignorant and arrogant
                    7. Thou shalt show humility
                    8. Thou shalt fear thy god and not say I fear nothing for being held as a hypocrite
                    9. Thou shalt just accept a religion if so desired without having to justify thy own beliefs and security by shoving it down everyone's throats at any opportunity
                    10. Thou shalt have normal friends.

If you have sound
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X