• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sarah Palin appreciation society

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think "contractor79" is Likely.

Which one is from this universe and which is from the mirror one, I don't know.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I'd give her one (vote that is).
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I thought the opposition was the republicans?

And are you suggesting that women will just vote for another woman regardless of her suitability for the job?
        You sound surprised? After all, arent all blacks of america meant to vote for "The One" (tm) simply because he is black, regardless of his suitability for the job?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
          You sound surprised? After all, arent all blacks of america meant to vote for "The One" (tm) simply because he is black, regardless of his suitability for the job?

Mailman
          Looks like she's shoring up the Republican base, but she's losing the undecided. Kind of to be expected, she's almost a female carbon copy of Bush.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Loved John Stewart on the daily show last night:
            Stewart: “Now I know her detractors will say that Palin actually supported the bridge until it became a political albatross and ended up keeping a lot of the money for it anyway; That she claimed to have visited Iraq when she really didn’t; Or that she didn’t really sell that plane on eBay; Or that she left the town she was mayor of $20 million dollars in debt; And that she made sure that women who were raped were charged for their rape kits.”
            I thought this might be worth wasting a couple minutes just to get inside this persons statement.

Now I know her detractors will say that Palin actually supported the bridge until it became a political albatross and ended up keeping a lot of the money for it anyway
            OMG, a politician that changes their mind after people start crying out about it? Fark me...totally unheard of!

That she claimed to have visited Iraq when she really didn’t
            Meh, whats a thousand yards between friends. I mean, her problem is she cant say her helicoptor was forced down by enemy fire! Oh thats right, neither can Biden!

Or that she didn’t really sell that plane on eBay
            And? Its a fact that she tried to sell it on Ebay FOUR times and after it didnt sell it was then sold through a commercial aviation company.
            http://www.adn.com/sarah-palin/story/203814.html

Or that she left the town she was mayor of $20 million dollars in debt;
            WARNING - below contains some concepts some of you may have difficulty in understanding

Yes, she did push for and approve the Wasilla Sports Center. Yes, it did cost a lot of money. (People keep saying $20 million, that article says $14.5 million, but then they also added a $1.2 million dollar food service/kitchen piece. This year, after Palin was out of office as Mayor.) Yes, the city went into debt to do it (how did you buy your house, bunkie?) and raised the city sales tax from 2 percent to 2.5 percent to pay for it. Yes, the city is paying it off early. Yes, there is an ongoing dispute about title (following a struggle with the Nature Conservancy and another buyer. And yes, at the time it was built, Wasilla had a Federal judge’s decision that they had title to the land. Here’s a place to think a little, folks: if Wasilla got a $15 million sports center, and got a mortgage for it, then the city incurred more longterm debt, you bet. It also got a capital asset. You do it with a mortgage; a city does it by setting up bonds and a tax base to service the bonds. Same thing. Whether it was wise or not is another question, but the bonds and tax increase were approved by a special election by the people in Wasilla.
            http://explorations.chasrmartin.com/.../palin-rumors/
            And that she made sure that women who were raped were charged for their rape kits
            Again, why bother with facts when you can just talk a whole load of bull puckey (then again, thats never stopped anyone round here talkin has it! )

No, she didn’t try to charge rape victims personally for rape kits. This is one of those complicated ones with a tiny hint of truth behind it. First, the Chief of Police in Wasilla (not Palin) did apparently have a policy of asking a victim’s health insurance to pay for the rape kit as part of the ER visit. This, it turns out, is policy in a number of states, including Missouri and North Carolina. Second, the way this became an issue was after the then-governor of Alaska signed a bill forbidding it; this law was signed before Palin was Governor and no one tried to reverse it while she was Governor. Third, what the CoP in Wasilla wanted to do was charge the perpetrator as part of restitution.
            http://explorations.chasrmartin.com/.../palin-rumors/
            Yeah, why not just throw around half truths and lies eh...I mean its not like anyone fact checks these things is it!

Now, dont go all Snaw-ie on me and suddenly proclaim that you dont actually care about what you posted cause Im picking we could string this arguement out for another 5 or 6 pages!

Mailman

Comment

She scares the hell outta me. She's even more right-wing than Bush...and no doubt would start wars all over the place.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                She scares the hell outta me. She's even more right-wing than Bush...and no doubt would start wars all over the place.
                WHS - I certainly hope she does not get in.
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I thought this might be worth wasting a couple minutes just to get inside this persons statement.

OMG, a politician that changes their mind after people start crying out about it? Fark me...totally unheard of!

Meh, whats a thousand yards between friends. I mean, her problem is she cant say her helicoptor was forced down by enemy fire! Oh thats right, neither can Biden!

And? Its a fact that she tried to sell it on Ebay FOUR times and after it didnt sell it was then sold through a commercial aviation company.

WARNING - below contains some concepts some of you may have difficulty in understanding

Again, why bother with facts when you can just talk a whole load of bull puckey (then again, thats never stopped anyone round here talkin has it! )

Yeah, why not just throw around half truths and lies eh...I mean its not like anyone fact checks these things is it!

Now, dont go all Snaw-ie on me and suddenly proclaim that you dont actually care about what you posted cause Im picking we could string this arguement out for another 5 or 6 pages!

Mailman
                  Dude I just posted a quote from a US comedian, it was kinda funny. You're a bit upset over any slander about Palin MM. Strange you're quite happy to post any old bollocks on Obama though, funniest part is you can't even see the hypocrisy in your own position.

Then again, brains never really has been your strong suit. Though clearly cut and paste from info from the republican machine is.

But if we're gonna go down that route, let's look at the facts then.

Visiting Iraq (As well as Ireland, Kuwait and Germany). Except all she did was refuel in Ireland, and she never made it across the border from Kuwait to Iraq, which had nothing to do with being fired on. These kind of details matter, if you claim to have done something - almost, but not quite doesn't count.

I've no idea about Planes on ebay. Though I do get more worried when she say's things like this re Iraq:

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

The bridge thing she made in her big speech at the republican party convention. this is worth quoting - from reuters btw:

During her first speech after being named as McCain's surprise pick as a running mate, Palin said she had told Congress "'thanks but no thanks' on that bridge to nowhere."

In the city Ketchikan, the planned site of the so-called "Bridge to Nowhere," political leaders of both parties said the claim was false and a betrayal of their community, because she had supported the bridge and the earmark for it secured by Alaska's Congressional delegation during her run for governor.

The bridge, a span from the city to Gravina Island, home to only a few dozen people, secured a $223 million earmark in 2005. The pricey designation raised a furor and critics, including McCain, used the bridge as an example of wasteful federal spending on politicians' pet projects.

When she was running for governor in 2006, Palin said she was insulted by the term "bridge to nowhere," according to Ketchikan Mayor Bob Weinstein, a Democrat, and Mike Elerding, a Republican who was Palin's campaign coordinator in the southeast Alaska city.

"People are learning that she pandered to us by saying, I'm for this' ... and then when she found it was politically advantageous for her nationally, abruptly she starts using the very term that she said was insulting," Weinstein said.
                  She kept the money anyway.

You did forget to mention the rape kits, you know charging women $300-$1200 for the forensic evidence collection ...

honestly, I don't know that much about her yet, neither do you. Neither does anyone, it's still coming out - would help if she'd choose to do a few interviews, instead of running scared until the press 'respect her more'.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Nothing wrong with changing your mind, problem is she is now trying to claim she was always against it. As it is well documented this is not a case, she was 100% behind it…until it no longer suited her (when she got picked for potential VP )

What's even more interesting, despite all the crap from all the politicos outside of Alaska the "bridge to nowhere" actually went somewhere, to the regions airport. They wanted to improve the transport links to it so it could grow, so not the total waste of money they would like to make out

But nor do you see him claiming false crap like her.

And the real question here is…getting shot down, how does this qualify you to lead a country? To me be more an indicator you are NOT the right person to do so.

First off, even trying to sell something like this on Ebay is key indicator of stupidity, knowing the appropriate marketplace to sell your good is one of the first rules of business. What next trying to sell pork to Muslims?

Second despite the republican claims, when she sold it finally she did not sell it for a profit, but rather a loss.
                    Jet cost $2.6 million, according to site you linked it was valued at $2.45 million at sale time and she sold it for $2.1 million, now to anyone but a republican that is a loss of half a million dollars. But not surprising they would view that as a profit if you look at Bush's screwed up economic policies

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      Wise words.

Comment

Working...
                      X