• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedge Funds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Vogon logic if ever I heard it.
    I think I preferred the vogon poetry.....

Comment

Vogon logic if ever I heard it.
      Well, do you have anything to say on topic about financial matters or you just got no opinion at all?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Well, do you have anything to say on topic about financial matters or you just got no opinion at all?
        Think you'll find more than enough contributions from me on financial topics.
        Last edited by snaw; 23 September 2008, 12:47.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Think you've find more than enough contributions from me on financial topics.
          If you have no opinion on this matter, if you can't argue effectively that your view is more correct than mine or anybody's else why are you then polluting this thread with pointless demands for me to stop talking about something that I have much better understanding about than you? This is uncivilized barbaric behavior worthy of the communist scum - trying to shut mouth of people they don't agree with - you should go work to Russia, they'll like you.

Comment

If you have no opinion on this matter, if you can't argue effectively that your view is more correct than mine or anybody's else why are you then polluting this thread with pointless demands for me to stop talking about something that I have much better understanding about than you? This is uncivilized barbaric behavior worthy of the communist scum - trying to shut mouth of people they don't agree with - you should go work to Russia, they'll like you.
            Sorry, where did I say I had no opinion on it? Doesn't follow I've got to bore everyone endlessly banging on and on and on about the credit crunch, and your curious views on financials institutions.

BTW Much better understanding?!?! I got an A grade in my higher in economics, and took it as an elective for a couple of years uni as well. Unlike you I don't think that makes me an expert, but I'm not completely clueless and I'm married to someone who is an expert ...

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Sorry, where did I say I had no opinion on it?
              Your first post in this thread was attempt to shut me up.

Doesn't follow I've got to bore everyone endlessly banging on and on and on about the credit crunch, and your curious views on financials institutions.
              Don't read me then, what's the problem? Credit crunch is a pretty current topic and my "curious" views like banning short sellers are actually being implemented in practice, hopefully other things too.

I got an A grade in my higher in economics
              Did they teach you in school that in discussions on economics you should be telling others to stop talking when you don't have any other arguements? Your attitude is the same as that used by Putins thugs.

Comment

First point - Cause you're boring. It's a topical subject, of interest to some. You're sucking all the oxygen up and making it very tedious.

Second point - Impossible, your fingerprints are all over every economy related post with your pronouncements from above. Give it a rest Warren.

Third point - See point one. It's not a discussion, it's you loving the sound of your own voice. You don't debate, you pronounce, based on some modules you did in shonky degree from a few third rate institutions.

Comment

You don't debate, you pronounce, based on some modules you did in shonky degree from a few third rate institutions.
                  Well, let's just look at my predictions:

1) house prices are falling like a stone.

2) short sellers got banned

Who else just 12 months ago was as sure as me that house prices in this country would drop well more than 20%? Who else in here now that doubts it would actually happen?

You see snaw my degrees might be from ex-Soviet Uni and from ex-Poly in the UK, but the difference between me and you is not that you got higher quality red brick uni piece of paper, but the fact that I actually got more than one clue about economics where as you don't. That's why you try to shut me up - if you don't like to read what I post put me on ignore list.

Comment

Well, let's just look at my predictions:

1) house prices are falling like a stone.

2) short sellers got banned

Who else just 12 months ago was as sure as me that house prices in this country would drop well more than 20%? Who else in here now that doubts it would actually happen?

You see snaw my degrees might be from ex-Soviet Uni and from ex-Poly in the UK, but the difference between me and you is not that you got higher quality red brick uni piece of paper, but the fact that I actually got more than one clue about economics where as you don't. That's why you try to shut me up - if you don't like to read what I post put me on ignore list.

Short selling is a valid market tactic, it's not to blame for the credit crunch - it just exacerbated it in these volatile times. It'll come back. I don't like it either. It's way to soon to see what the impact of it will be in the long term.

You mention any of your other wacky ideas - telling people what they can spend bonuses on etc. Loved that one ...

And I'm sorry, you're the only person who thought we were in a housing bubble - no one foresaw that

Now you're actually amusing.

If you're such an expert put your money where your mouth is. Talks cheap, get in the stock market and start making millions, which I'm sure you're capable of with your superior economic knowledge.

Comment

fight. fight!

ATW can you get one of your hamsters to give -me- a back rub please?

Comment

Working...
                      X