• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedge Funds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Vogon logic if ever I heard it.
    Aha I have heard that phrase before - you were not DG in a previous incaranation ?

Comment

Actually I kind of like AtW's wacky world of banking. Unfortunately in the real world greed rules and it's all about short term gains. A bit like politics really isn't it? Who cares what state the country is in, in 25 years, as long as we're still in power in 4 years time.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        Unfortunately in the real world greed rules and it's all about short term gains.
        You right. Unfortunately the Govts were complicit in making such rules and tax policies that encourages reckless spending and getting into debt.

Such banks like mine however actually do exist - they are little known banks that are mainly used by the rich, the objective of such banks to keep money safe not to get into games on stock market. I am certain they don't have huge Xmas bonuses and I am certain they are very careful about risk profile of their employees. It's the kind of bank I'd keep my personal money in.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          No. You did not disagree with me in this thread - you tried to shut my mouth while you personally did not have any valid arguements. This is certainly poor attitude in my view.
          Umm, so I'm agreeing with you on banking bonuses now am I? Fooled me.

And you say just earlier about me: "God complex going on strong."

Where did I say I am "top of the tree in my field" or anything like this? Come to think of it maybe...
          Actually you accused me of having a bad attitude and no bright talent. I responded. You're the one waffling on about your bank etc Yeah, I'd say you've a bit of a God complex going on. Especially when it comes to telling people what they can spend their money on ...
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Do you know how many millions were killed by Stalin? Do you know really what he turned Russia into?
            Yep. Next.

My grand father who lived during his time was imprisoned on deliberately false report - he barely survived it and then died shortly after he was released. He was totally innocent and the person who made this false report was begging my grandmother recently for forgiveness. That's what Stalin did, how dare you accuse me of doing anything anywhere close to the crimes he did??!?!
            Bit melodramatic isn't it? You react that way if someone calls you a mini Hitler?

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Such banks like mine however actually do exist - they are little known banks that are mainly used by the rich, the objective of such banks to keep money safe not to get into games on stock market. I am certain they don't have huge Xmas bonuses and I am certain they are very careful about risk profile of their employees. It's the kind of bank I'd keep my personal money in.
              Nah, they get absolutely huge bonuses. I know a couple of people who work for Private Banks. No one tells them what they can spend their money on either.

HTH.

Comment

Actually you accused me of having a bad attitude and no bright talent.
                I am not prosecutor to accuse you of anything - I merely voiced my view.

Bit melodramatic isn't it? You react that way if someone calls you a mini Hitler?
                I would have if I had relatives who were killed in Holocaust.

Perhaps if your family suffered from serial killer you'd be pretty sensitive towards being called serial killer yourself. Or perhaps you won't be - you'd consider it's all right thing to do.

Comment

Nah, they get absolutely huge bonuses.
                  They get bonuses for keeping their mouths shut about clients. They don't get them for risking their clients money on derivatives markets playing with toxic tulip in order to earn enough money to the bank so that the bank would give them part in form of a bonus.

Comment

They get bonuses for keeping their mouths shut about clients. They don't get them for risking their clients money on derivatives markets playing with toxic tulip in order to earn enough money to the bank so that the bank would give them part in form of a bonus.
                    Know many people in PB do you? Or just another expert field of yours?

Comment

I think it's pretty clear that atW has become psychologically unbalanced.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X