• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking a career break

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    God if I didn't have my other half I'd be off like a shot.

I'd probably head to Canada, then tour America - work a few low paid jobs like bars or waitressing, just to get back in the real world, meet people, have sex with completely inappropriate people, get p*ssed with crazies...
    that's where real life and fun lies.

This earning money, mortgage paying, gig to gig existance us lot lead is so frolicking sad and stifling....but unfortunately once you're in it there's no going back.

Diescum - go for it lad. Grab it all by the b*lls and never look back.
    If you really fancy it, why can't you do it with your other half?? rent the house so you don't have to worry about the mortgage, then go touring. Going with your other half would mean missing out on sh@ging strangers, but I think you'd have the best times of your lives... better do it now before you start having kids... those can be a real obstacle.

Comment

Working...
    X