• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End of the credit crunch today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I don't think I am always right. In fact I make plenty of mistakes and try to learn from them, but more importantly I try to learn from mistakes made by others - your arguement that your own specific flat goes up in price (try selling it - how do you know if the price you can get is real?) then somehow all must be okay.
    Like I said, I was being tongue in cheek! You honestly think anyone doesn't realise there's been a housing 'problem' in the US?

I'd have no issues selling my flat, it's in a prime location, in a great neighbourhood close to three separate metro links in NYC and it's as good an investment opportunity as you're ever likely to get. But I'm not intending to ever sell it - it's a great little earner and been a great investment. Plus it's kind of cool to think that one day if my kids fancy a stint in NYC they'll have a place to stay.

You're still not very good at admitting you're wrong, even when you admit you're wrong ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      Take a look at the chart for the dow yet (today)?
      Roughly maps the trajectory of the space shuttle on launch.
      Yeah, with a bit of luck we might end the week higher than when we started.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Like I said, I was being tongue in cheek!
        Maybe you should stop laughing - this is the board for serious discussions on serious subjects - you are really dragging our otherwise high standards down

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          You're still not very good at admitting you're wrong, even when you admit you're wrong ...
          What exactly am I wrong about?

Comment

Maybe you should stop laughing - this is the board for serious discussions on serious subjects - you are really dragging our otherwise high standards down

Contender for funniest post of the day?

Comment

What exactly am I wrong about?
              You're never wrong
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
              X