• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "End of the credit crunch today?"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What exactly am I wrong about?
    You're never wrong

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Maybe you should stop laughing - this is the board for serious discussions on serious subjects - you are really dragging our otherwise high standards down

Contender for funniest post of the day?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    You're still not very good at admitting you're wrong, even when you admit you're wrong ...
    What exactly am I wrong about?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Like I said, I was being tongue in cheek!
    Maybe you should stop laughing - this is the board for serious discussions on serious subjects - you are really dragging our otherwise high standards down

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Take a look at the chart for the dow yet (today)?
    Roughly maps the trajectory of the space shuttle on launch.
    Yeah, with a bit of luck we might end the week higher than when we started.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I don't think I am always right. In fact I make plenty of mistakes and try to learn from them, but more importantly I try to learn from mistakes made by others - your arguement that your own specific flat goes up in price (try selling it - how do you know if the price you can get is real?) then somehow all must be okay.
    Like I said, I was being tongue in cheek! You honestly think anyone doesn't realise there's been a housing 'problem' in the US?

I'd have no issues selling my flat, it's in a prime location, in a great neighbourhood close to three separate metro links in NYC and it's as good an investment opportunity as you're ever likely to get. But I'm not intending to ever sell it - it's a great little earner and been a great investment. Plus it's kind of cool to think that one day if my kids fancy a stint in NYC they'll have a place to stay.

You're still not very good at admitting you're wrong, even when you admit you're wrong ...

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Take a look at the chart for the dow yet (today)?
    Roughly maps the trajectory of the space shuttle on launch.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Petrol down

Shares up

Bit of confidence restored...

??
    Its just a dead squirrel bounce

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Aeroplane
    This suddenly makes me feel a lot better about flying...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You're a reasonably bright guy AtW, but you've a massive weakness of assuming you've always got the right answer.
    I don't think I am always right. In fact I make plenty of mistakes and try to learn from them, but more importantly I try to learn from mistakes made by others - your arguement that your own specific flat goes up in price (try selling it - how do you know if the price you can get is real?) then somehow all must be okay.

2 nice houses near me that I like were on sale for over 2 years - now they really missed the boat so they put up "for rent" sign, so far no takers either. Don't know about NY but this country will be in real crisis when house prices start falling for real (so far it is all warmup).

Thanks for good wishes of course, I don't wish your houses to fall in price but it's not something that depends on your or me. Though one thing both of us could do is refuse to pay inflated prices.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Home sales rise locally; average price falls by 22%.

snaw you are making typical mistake that everyone who can't (or does not like it) see the big picture - you think just because your local conditions are okay for now then it's all right then. It's like sitting at the back of the airplane that just nose dived into the ground and pilots/1st class are already dead where as the fire has not reached your seats just yet.
    Aeroplane

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I'm also well aware that you're pre-disposed to thinking you're the only person who's got any knowledge of anything. You're a reasonably bright guy AtW, but you've a massive weakness of assuming you've always got the right answer.
    SKA tells him the answer you see...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Home sales rise locally; average price falls by 22%.

snaw you are making typical mistake that everyone who can't (or does not like it) see the big picture - you think just because your local conditions are okay for now then it's all right then. It's like sitting at the back of the airplane that just nose dived into the ground and pilots/1st class are already dead where as the fire has not reached your seats just yet.
    No. I was being slightly tongue in cheek and also stating a fact. My NY apartment, despite the really bad conditions in the US has gained in value. I'm well aware of the US market conditions generally however.

I'm also well aware that you're pre-disposed to thinking you're the only person who's got any knowledge of anything. You're a reasonably bright guy AtW, but you've a massive weakness of assuming you've always got the right answer.

I actually wish you well with SKA, but I suspect this weakness will be your undoing - I've seen exactly the same thing in other people, and usually it 's what does for them.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    It's like sitting at the back of the airplane that just nose dived into the ground and pilots/1st class are already dead where as the fire has not reached your seats just yet.
    Really? I'll have to stop travelling 1st class then. Private charter is the way ahead - just like Bon Jovi...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    My NY apt has gone up in value ...

There is a shortage of property for sale in Detroit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X