• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for all right wing capitalists and libertarians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    First time ever I agree with you 100%.
    Me too. Wonder where that cut and paste came from?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      That is a shocking statement. Capitalism should be about small businesses encouraged to compete not monopolies dominating the market
      Point taken, I worded that incorrectly. In an ideal world, yes I think that there is an onus on government to provide an environment whereby small businesses can compete. You can't have it all though as the more you promote democracy and the free market mantra all you are really doing is ensuring the fittest (i.e. the biggest and strongest) flourish and the rest be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Me too. Wonder where that cut and paste came from?

Starnge though it may seem to your puny second-hand intellect, some of us actually have powers of analysis and synthesis that enable us to weigh evidence and form reasoned opinions.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/b...-200809161257/

Comment

Certainly the so called 'free market' has been contaminated with the spectacle of the Captains of Industry being rewarded for failure.

One case which springs to mind - Sven Eriksson - (remember him?) whose miserable campaign resulted in the exit for the England Football team was rewarded by a Golden Goodbye of one million every year over a five year period - five million quid - not bad.

And thats not even getting your team to the semi finals - never mind winning.

It is obvious that is now par for the course for 'them at the top'and they all have their snouts in the pig trough and so all enjoy such ludicrous deals.

Meanwhile US companies regularly axe the ten bottom perfomance of their workface who are struggling to get by whilst senior executives who screw up are rewarded with huge bonuses and golden payoffs.

So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Certainly the so called 'free market' has been contaminated with the spectacle of the Captains of Industry being rewarded for failure.

One case which springs to mind - Sven Eriksson - (remember him?) whose miserable campaign resulted in the exit for the England Football team was rewarded by a Golden Goodbye of one million every year over a five year period - five million quid - not bad.

And thats not even getting your team to the semi finals - never mind winning.

It is obvious that is now par for the course for 'them at the top'and they all have their snouts in the pig trough and so all enjoy such ludicrous deals.

Meanwhile US companies regularly axe the ten bottom perfomance of their workface who are struggling to get by whilst senior executives who screw up are rewarded with huge bonuses and golden payoffs.

So it goes.
              It's not only the golden payoffs Alf.

Any investment bank worth the name has a special platform, 3 stories above the street entrance, where senior officers of the company can give Golden Showers to the, hapless, sacked underlings as they struggle out with their cardboard boxes full of pitiful personal effects.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Starnge though it may seem to your puny second-hand intellect, some of us actually have powers of analysis and synthesis that enable us to weigh evidence and form reasoned opinions.
                Those powers you claim have made you completely change your opinion in this thread. You started laughing at libertarians and your subsequent comments show what you actually believe.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                  Those powers you claim have made you completely change your opinion in this thread. You started laughing at libertarians and your subsequent comments show what you actually believe.
                  Not really. I had some people in mind. In general I believe in better regulation in the City. But not to atw's communist extent
                  Last edited by sasguru; 18 September 2008, 18:26.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Synthesis being the operative word here methinks

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X