• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear : Us Federal Reserve Is Broke

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks

For many months Ive been warning that the credit crunch starts when banks stop lending to other banks.

From todays FT -

Barometers of financial stress hit record peaks across the world. Yields on short-term US Treasuries hit their lowest level since the London Blitz, while gold had its biggest one-day gain ever in dollar terms. Lending between banks, in effect, stopped.

My advice - insure now with Prudential - oh gosh they've gone pear shaped as well ???

Comment

Good question! I guess its the sovereign funds? Probably Arab and Chinese?

Soon USA is going to be owned by them - what will happen then? A massive shift of power?
      already owned by them arent they? As are the UK i would hazard a guess

Comment

Can't they just borrow money from DimPrawn?
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

They're obviously not that broke:

Fed injects $180bn to stabilise global markets

Loadsa money!!!
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
          X