• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charley Boorman: Ireland To Syndey By Any Means

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran is a very similar country to UK. Same size population & the man in charge is completely out of touch with the people he's supposed to be governing

Comment

I like this and both of the Long Way Down/Around series. I think it's because it's the sort of trip i'd like to do......if I had their sponsorship

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Palin was great... up until that 'New Europe' thing where even he looked a bit bored by it all.
        Ditto. The pace got a bit slow in that series, I ended up fast-forwarding through the ones I'd stored on hard-disk. I may even have one or two of them left on there...

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
          I like this and both of the Long Way Down/Around series. I think it's because it's the sort of trip i'd like to do......if I had their sponsorship
          There is a bike tour company doing the long way round route next year. You can do stages or all of it. I think it is about 30K for the full gig.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            I got bored with it last episode.
            first
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Anyone see it? A tad more booring than some of his other travels, but it was interesting to see how Anglicized Iran appears to be. Almost everything, train tickets, signposts, menus, appear to have English translations, and in some cases the English translation came before Arabic. The people seemed normal / pleasant too - they weren't carrying suicide bombs and newspapers reported on British events, and a couple of young single women even flirted with Charlie and crew on the train. Charlie was a bit worried about getting his throat slit by pirates on a boat trip though for some reason. It's repeated tonight on BBC2.
              I haven’t seen the programme but I’m puzzled. Do you mean Arabic or Farsi (Persian)? Iranians are not Arabs not do they speak Arabic, they are Aryan hence the name Iran. They were not originally Muslim but followers Zoroastrianism, believers in the signs of the Zodic, the sun etc.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I haven’t seen the programme but I’m puzzled. Do you mean Arabic or Farsi (Persian)? Iranians are not Arabs not do they speak Arabic, they are Aryan hence the name Iran. They were not originally Muslim but followers Zoroastrianism, believers in the signs of the Zodic, the sun etc.
                I did hesitate before writing 'Arabic' as to whether I should write 'Iranian' for greater safety, but decided not to be sidetracked on such details. I defer to your greater knowledge of the name of the script they use.

Comment

Amazon is better

Its missing something... Ewan or just an explanation of why he isn't doing the Ireland to Sydney trip.

Anyone watch Amazon with Bruce Parry? Now that was brilliant!
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/amazon/20...beginners.html

hmm strange link. haha
                  Batcatz

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    There is a bike tour company doing the long way round route next year. You can do stages or all of it. I think it is about 30K for the full gig.
                    Or you can do it the Mondo Enduro way:

http://www.mondoenduro.com/mondoenduro.html
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I like the genre but haven't watched this as Im not keen on the guy
                      just seems like another over privileged toff on a jolly
                      (not that I'm at all bitter or envious LOL)

Comment

Working...
                      X