• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loyds to buy HBOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a new mail I just received sums this up nicely

the daily mash
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      I think you should write them a letter, expressing your objections.

Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        a new mail I just received sums this up nicely

the daily mash
        "This causes a profound shift in perceptions from 'getting worse' to 'can't get any worse'. I call it Brubaker's Theory of Optimal ****ness."

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          I think you should write them a letter, expressing your objections.
          I'd vote with my money if I see they are getting into deep crap like other banks already in. I hope they are not insane about it but I detect feeling they are just greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I'd vote with my money
            Your business is important to us sir. Please do not remove all 11 pence from your savings account without providing us with a months notice in advance.

Sincerely yours.

LTSB.

Comment

I'd vote with my money if I see they are getting into deep crap like other banks already in. I hope they are not insane about it but I detect feeling they are just greedy.
              And which bank would you put your pittance in?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Where would you take your money? Choices are not as varied as it used to be in the past - all banks are merging, it looks like we may end up with as it was generations ago, with one or two banks monopolizing the market - (actually in N.Ireland the situation is like that, a few big banks are monopolizing the market)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  And which bank would you put your pittance in?
                  That's the main problem - those bank types seem to be following the dinosaurs - soon the City will be mainly the place for tourists to see the tall buildings from which (w|b)ankers were learning how to fly

Comment

That's the main problem - those bank types seem to be following the dinosaurs - soon the City will be mainly the place for tourists to see the tall buildings from which (w|b)ankers were learning how to fly
                    yep - we'll end up with one or two financial giants in the market and we'd have not much of a choice....

Comment

Actually am surprised not to see Richard Branson stepping up with his vergin joke...

Comment

Working...
                      X