• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Winter Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Funnily enough I got an email from a 'member' of CAG earlier purporting to be from a clamping company in Nottigham. He said he was sick and tired of these guys wasting his time and would be heading to a pubIn Nottingham on the evening of the 4th October with a few friends to have a chat with these guys as they have some kind of meeting.

So it looks like they have rattled a few cages and will be interesting to see how well they argue when face to face with these boys. Interesting.
    I wonder if the pub (or indeed any nearby places) has a car park............

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      Why doesn't somebody hit them witn an IR35 query - do they have somewhere on their forum? Why not see what the great legal minds make of that....if they can remove a parking ticket then HMRC must be a walk in the park
      They would probably argue that by using a minimum pay/divended structure is immoral and that your an illegal dirty tax evader
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        You managed to rack up 5k in bank charges and you think you are bright enough to be a solicitor?
        No, I was young and reckless and was more interested in having a good time than being responsible. I was bright enough to take two banks, a credit card company and a finance company to court and get all my money back though.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        And that's where you're going wrong - he's ideally qualified. No responsibility for his actions, not very bright, but keen to find a way to weasel himself (and/or clients) out of any consequences and blame someone else - ideal qualifications.
        Are you sure you don't have a problem with me?
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          No, I was young and reckless and was more interested in having a good time than being responsible. I was bright enough to take two banks, a credit card company and a finance company to court and get all my money back though.

Are you sure you don't have a problem with me?
          I have a problem with most lawyers and wannabe lawyers and with anyone who supports ID cards, but especially when they don't have the guts to debate the issues. As for you personally, I'm sure you are really nice bloke in RL.

Comment

I have a problem with most lawyers and wannabe lawyers and with anyone who supports ID cards, but especially when they don't have the guts to debate the issues. As for you personally, I'm sure you are really nice bloke in RL.
            I did debate the issue PB, we got nowhere which is why I said we'd agree to disagree. I think it's a good idea, you think it bad and I'm sure we'll never persuade the other to think differently. The thread was getting heated and that is why I discontinued from that thread.

I guess you have had bad issues with lawyers in the past, I rather believe in the law as a means to fight injustice. It is also funny that you identified me as preferring prosecution as that is what I would like to do, I could not ever see myself defending the likes of an Ian Huntley, however our legal system has a presumption of innocence and to be a good lawyer you have to approach each case objectively.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

I could not ever see myself defending the likes of an Ian Huntley.
              No but there's plenty of them on CAG who would try!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I did debate the issue PB, we got nowhere which is why I said we'd agree to disagree. I think it's a good idea, you think it bad and I'm sure we'll never persuade the other to think differently. The thread was getting heated and that is why I discontinued from that thread.

I guess you have had bad issues with lawyers in the past, I rather believe in the law as a means to fight injustice. It is also funny that you identified me as preferring prosecution as that is what I would like to do, I could not ever see myself defending the likes of an Ian Huntley, however our legal system has a presumption of innocence and to be a good lawyer you have to approach each case objectively.
                ID cards reverse the presumption of innocence, but that's one of many issues (Including, but not limited to, costs) proponents refuse to debate - ironic, considering I'm supposed to be the one with 'something to hide'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  No but there's plenty of them on CAG who would try!
                  Maybe there is and maybe there isn't, there are a lot of good eggs on the site though.

ID cards reverse the presumption of innocence, but that's one of many issues (Including, but not limited to, costs) proponents refuse to debate - ironic, considering I'm supposed to be the one with 'something to hide'
                  I'd disagree, it's a means of identification, not a criminal register.

Comment

Statutes

Finger and thumb error today.
                    Arse elbow

Rhubarb.

Comment

Maybe there is and maybe there isn't, there are a lot of good eggs on the site though.

I'd disagree, it's a means of identification, not a criminal register.
                      The presumption is that I will lie if I simply tell people my identity, so ID cards force me to surrender management of my identity to the government.
                      Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 18 September 2008, 12:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X