• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Winter Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Please see above post, not defending all posters.

I was a young, poor and humble sailor for 6 years and racked up nearly 5 grands worth of charges in that time because I'd have my feeble wages spent by end of week 1 and the banks just seemed to love racking charges up on charges. I paid £500 in charges one month whilst I was in Singapore. The problem was that Lloyds quite happily let me withdraw money that wasn't in my account and I had no way of knowing my balance so relied on the old, 'if it's letting me take the cash out there must be some in' theory.

You managed to rack up 5k in bank charges and you think you are bright enough to be a solicitor?
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Unreal. This guys post is unreal. Of course, I cannot post a response to this flipless fool as I am now on 'moderation' with the site. But that flipless site has given this guy the opportunity to not pay for parking or the bloody ticket he gets because he challenges the 'penalty'.

What a ridiculously awful bunch of freeloading wasters!
      I saw that one too and thought the same.
      over 20 tickets for illegal parking and he (and others like them) think that they can just park anywhere because legally the land owners can't do anything
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        over 20 tickets for illegal parking and he (and others like them) think that they can just park anywhere because legally the land owners can't do anything
        Mothercare for gods sake. I'm surprised it doesnt say, I used to park in the disabled bay at Mothercare, I got a ticket and knocked a child over when I left. Can I sue and where's the template for the ticket?

What probably started as a bloody good idea is full of the type of effete intellectual , (grammar school kids who wish they'd gone private but couldn't afford it) spongers who make up the middle classes.

Frankly the advice should be

1) Avoid Parking Tickets - Dont park on somebody elses property
        2) Avoid Bank Charges - Get a well paid job and manage your finances properly
        3) Avoid Heat Charges - Burn some of those ridiculous self help books
        4) Avoid Responsibility - Sue everyone else
        5) Avoid Work - How to get benefits you are entitled to
        6) Get Disability Allowance - How to pretend you have a critical illness
        7) Avoid Car Insurance - Pretend you're someone else. Template included.

What a truly awful site for those who cannot manage their own affairs and need to be told 'it's not their fault'

Truly truly awful.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Thanks for the apology and character assassination
          Considering the amount you dish out, that was mild.

I am studying my llb, it is my eventual plan B and I would like to practice criminal law.
          I take it you'll be prosecuting since you seem to think we're all guilty until proven innocent (except for bank charges and illegal/inconsiderate parking where you are innocent even when guilty)

Everyone needs a dream.

p.s. And the link to the judgement actually holds more sway than the online dictionary, it's part of the judgement in the metric martyrs case which is quite important case law in the Uk. It defined certain acts as 'constitutional statues' and the primacy of EU law was established. Very geeky I know, but I love it.
          Fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
            You managed to rack up 5k in bank charges and you think you are bright enough to be a solicitor?
            And that's where you're going wrong - he's ideally qualified. No responsibility for his actions, not very bright, but keen to find a way to weasel himself (and/or clients) out of any consequences and blame someone else - ideal qualifications.

Comment

Ahh of course.

My bad.
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                He can try parking on my land

I have a handy forklift for moving obstructions

I moved one car out into the road two years ago, and left it obstructing traffic for nearly two hours before the owner came back. She was not amused with the parking ticket
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Funnily enough I got an email from a 'member' of CAG earlier purporting to be from a clamping company in Nottigham. He said he was sick and tired of these guys wasting his time and would be heading to a pubIn Nottingham on the evening of the 4th October with a few friends to have a chat with these guys as they have some kind of meeting.

So it looks like they have rattled a few cages and will be interesting to see how well they argue when face to face with these boys. Interesting.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Why doesn't somebody hit them witn an IR35 query - do they have somewhere on their forum? Why not see what the great legal minds make of that....if they can remove a parking ticket then HMRC must be a walk in the park
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Funnily enough I got an email from a 'member' of CAG earlier purporting to be from a clamping company in Nottigham. He said he was sick and tired of these guys wasting his time and would be heading to a pubIn Nottingham on the evening of the 4th October with a few friends to have a chat with these guys as they have some kind of meeting.

So it looks like they have rattled a few cages and will be interesting to see how well they argue when face to face with these boys. Interesting.
                      I suspect that their walk may soon become a run then!
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X