• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Winter Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Sorry didn't see the link to the dictionary - I am prepared to accept that. You were right, I was wrong (about the word).
    Thanks for the apology and character assassination

I am studying my llb, it is my eventual plan B and I would like to practice criminal law. Everyone needs a dream.

p.s. And the link to the judgement actually holds more sway than the online dictionary, it's part of the judgement in the metric martyrs case which is quite important case law in the Uk. It defined certain acts as 'constitutional statues' and the primacy of EU law was established. Very geeky I know, but I love it.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Statues?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
        Statues?
        Statutes

Finger and thumb error today.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Considering the bloke posting stated it was him in the car your first point is not valid. He also posted a selected set of photos from the area from some odd angles all of which appear to be at head height for anyone walking past them. There also clearly a number of signs he did not picture that loo remarkably like private parking signs to me. Yet everyone on that site including bookworm is looking to support the OP and is busy trying to find loopholes instead of telling him he is a dickhead.
          You can also clearly see on some that there is a parking bay on the main road leading passing the private parking area. So it's not like there are no alternatives.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            The 2 threads need to be read in conjunction. Bookworms advice is still that anybody can park on anybody else's land if anybody else has not put in legal mechanisms to stop them. It is this selfish attitude we are jumping on. Why should MF have to go to these lengths to stop people parking where they know they should not? If they are unsure if it is legal to park somewhere then their first response should be at assume it is not and to go elsewhere.
            I made that exact same point and they jumped up and down on it because I said people didn't do this because they were too lazy. I still maintain that people are - if you are in any doubt that you can park somewhere then surely it is better to find an alternative and walk a little instead of leaving yourself open to being clamped.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post

Glad to help rid the world of another arsehole.
              How did I miss this?
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                Glad to help rid the world of another arsehole.
                Pure gold.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  I made that exact same point and they jumped up and down on it because I said people didn't do this because they were too lazy. I still maintain that people are - if you are in any doubt that you can park somewhere then surely it is better to find an alternative and walk a little instead of leaving yourself open to being clamped.
                  When I was a permie our HQ had a huge car park. There was only one entrance to the building so the later you arrived, the further away from the door you had to park, but there were always plenty of spaces. This didn't stop lazy toolheads who couldn't be rrsed to walk a few yards double parking, blocking people in and blocking access - it really amazes me how lazy people will be - in some cases they are almost going out of their way to be crap and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    and seeing who can sleep with SA.
                    Yes - and the winnner(s) names shall always remain untold on that one
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by acky View Post
                      Erm thanks for all the relevant replies. The person in question decided not to reply and wait to see what action they take.

As for my 20+ tickets. I used to work for an outsourcing company and one of our clients ('3' the phone network - based in Reading if anyone has been there) didnt have any onsite parking for either employees or visitors. On the odd occasion the train station had spaces I would park there. The majority of the time I would park across the road in a mother care car park. The parking was free for a maximum of 2 hours (no choice to pay for longer) and for people shopping in the business park.

I never gave any excuse about the ticket I just asked them to prove who was driving the car. And any further communication from them without this proof would be taken to court for harrasment. Looking back it was a little extreme. But it did the job and I never paid.
                      Unreal. This guys post is unreal. Of course, I cannot post a response to this feckless fool as I am now on 'moderation' with the site. But that feckless site has given this guy the opportunity to not pay for parking or the bloody ticket he gets because he challenges the 'penalty'.

What a ridiculously awful bunch of freeloading wasters!
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X