• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's next..ask paddy power

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    As an aside to this - why didn't all of these "stranded" holiday makers have Travel Insurance? Or doesn't it pay out in the event of Airline collapse?
    Apparently not:

http://www.travelinsuranceguide.org....goes-bust.html

"The majority of providers don't protect against airlines going bust,"

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      ........I still think he will do something evil using the Civil Contingencies Act.
      What a load of bollocks - it's no wonder you can't get odds on that - there will be an election, although I wish Paddy Power would take your daft conspiracy theory cash - maybe it's worth ringing them up to ask.

I'd give you 100000000000000000-1 against him using the civil contingecies act to cancel an election - but I'm not a bookie.
      Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 15 September 2008, 14:45.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        If you know what Air force one is then you may appreciate the cheek/irony in offering odds on it going bust

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action...ining&crea=hdr
        Ah. Didn't know what Chapter 11 meant.

Comment

My favourite was the bloke who has placed a bet on Father Dougal out of Father Ted being the next Pope!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            My favourite was the bloke who has placed a bet on Father Dougal out of Father Ted being the next Pope!
            Well? I thought it was pretty good odds!

When I first saw the name 'Paddy Power' (on some snooker players waistcoat) I thought it was some kind of energy supplier offering cheap electricity made by Irish urchins made to walk on treadmills all day.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Well? I thought it was pretty good odds!

When I first saw the name 'Paddy Power' (on some snooker players waistcoat) I thought it was some kind of energy supplier offering cheap electricity made by Irish urchins made to walk on treadmills all day.
              I wonder what odds I could get on that bloke not winning? It might be good odds but a fictional character out of a defunct tv sitcom being made Pope is added to my list of things that just aren't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                I wonder what odds I could get on that bloke not winning? It might be good odds but a fictional character out of a defunct tv sitcom being made Pope is added to my list of things that just aren't going to happen.
                Congratulations Mr Peoplesoft Bloke.

You have been successfully enrolled in our 'remedial humour' class.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Congratulations Mr Peoplesoft Bloke.

You have been successfully enrolled in our 'remedial humour' class.
                  yeah hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                  X