• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Hyundai woes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naahh coal is what you want. We are sitting on tons of the stuff all because Maggie decided to save it for us by stopping those blokes in Wales and the like from digging it up.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
      Pedal-power, like Fred Flintstone, that's the answer.
      Might seem so, but cavemen muscles are only about 25% efficient and their energy source (food) uses up a lot of energy to manufacture. They aren't too bad at pedalling bicycles over short distances and at slow speeds, but better would be an electric bike at 80 odd percent efficient and using primary sources of power like mains leccy generated from dinosaur dung.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Naahh coal is what you want. We are sitting on tons of the stuff all because Maggie decided to save it for us by stopping those blokes in Wales and the like from digging it up.
        Unfortunately the Victorians nicked most of it and we are now on rations.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          The same drawback applies to hydrogen, since it's not a primary energy source and has to be created by some means, or extracted from fossil fuels. Hydrogen has big problems with storage too though so I don't think that's looking like it's on the cards. We may [speculation mode] be entering an electricity age though, where we use less fossil fuels and more electrical energy sources, e.g. nuclear [/speculation mode].
          I think there is some island in the pacific that the Japanese are testing hydrogen fuel cells. The advantage of this place is that it never stops raining and they have a load of hydro electric plants. Apparently it's quite east to use a process to produce a viable quantity of hydrogen in these circumstances.

I don't know where else in the world this might work with current technology. Apart from Wales.

Comment

I have wondered how many valleys, gorges, rivers and hills we have in the UK that would be viable Hydro electric sites. it's not like we're short of rain in sizable chunks of this country.

Admittedly some of the suitable sites have towns all over them so there could be some controversy

Comment

Working...
            X