• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Shame and Ignominy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shame and Ignominy

The system is rotten to the core, it starts with the individual tax evader, the freelance tax dodger, dodging, diving, scamming, exploiting, milking the system to gain an edge, to gain his orher slice of the pie. It goes right up to the major corporations. These companies use the state system, profit from its freedoms and then hire consultancies to rob it of its very life blood. It is morally bankrupt, it is the conceipt of our times, and the Shame and Ignominy lies at the door of Capitalism and at the feet of you all.

Come forth and be counted, my brothers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4195840.stm

So the tax people will be giving $10 to every child living in poverty in the states? Or will they give each other a pay rise, top up the index linked pensions and rent more expensive offices? One also wonders how much such an investigation will have costed? I hazard considerably more than the fine.

The KPMG dept. that is being closed down will be head hunted by a new company called something like "We are not KPMG Select" which specifically won't deal with high net worth individuals but only with people who are worth a few bob.

A deputy and an outside lawyer are going down? Pretty meaningless in the great scheme of things. Looks like a trick from the Russian business system: a company has two bosses, the real boss, and the one that takes the fall if the authorities look too closely.

All in all, an every day story of corporate folk.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
    X