• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices down again in August

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices down again in August

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4193008.stm

It is the 14th month in succession that property prices have gone down.

Milan.

Friend of a friend had one hell of a time selling house -- had to drop price by 8%. Probably still made some profit, but the feeling was of a relief at having sold the bloody house, rather than at making huge profit.

Its not good out there -- its burning under the ground, we just don't see the flames (yet).

Comment

I am selling a flat at the moment. 2 agents gave an identical price. Third one gave a price about 15% lower.

Also the price he gave was 5% lower than one he sold the month previously. I'll be interested to see what happens.

There has certainly been stuff all movement in actual transaction so it's difficult to get any idea of where to pitch from the land registry. There is also little on the market in the particular location.

Comment

Is it time to buy, then?

Comment

Originally posted by t0bytoo
          Is it time to buy, then?
          Is this a rhetorical question? Its time to lock the hatches!!!!

Comment

in the last crash.

we had...

"prices are flattening" for at least 3 years (at least 1 headline per day)
            years later (93), oh, there's been a 30% fall, but everything is ok now. (they all came out together when they no longer had any choice - because - it was so obvious and reposessions went through the roof). but now (they said). great time to buy. (they said), but they stayed flat for a few more years.

nice to see at least 1 bit of honesty this time. (I haven't looked at their website yet, but their stats reflect what I'm seeing). why hometrack, who owns it, why tell the truth? when everybody else says its going to be a softy (soft landing).
            Last edited by woo; 29 August 2005, 19:43.

Comment

Working...
            X