• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small Car Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    how else are you going to get to the spare tyre? what? oh - i see.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      i have a c4 with the egs and it is a revelation. honestly, one day all cars will be like this. no clutch pedal but can be driven manual, semi or fully automatic. had it a year and it has been faultless. small and economical £35 tax & 60mpg. hardly a contractors car but i have something else too...
      As far as I know the EGS is not a double-clutch automated manual, but I'm glad to hear it is so smooth anyway. The C4 is my favourite car in the class, prefer it to a Focus or Golf on both looks and fuel economy.

It gets a good review here.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=269
      Last edited by IR35 Avoider; 11 September 2008, 09:03.

Comment

Small Car Recommendations

May need the some attention to the paintwork, but come on, it's cheap, and it is small.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Toyota Aygo (Group 1 insurance, 62 mpg, £35 road tax).
          Drives like a go-kart i.e. good fun. Very reliable and nippy round town.

Not for motorways although going downhill, fully laden, I managed 90 mph and got a Beemer to get out of my way
          He was prolly chocking up laughing...

Comment

http://www.dft.gov.uk/ActOnCO2/index...n_co2_rankings

Comment

Working...
            X