• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LSE feeds frozen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by interested View Post
    Don't let the facts get in the way of this blind hatred of ACN.

IT ops transferred back to the LSE last year.

http://www.finextra.com/fullstory.asp?id=16990
    I asked someone at Accenture and they told me the tulip hit the fan yesterday.
    So you are an expert at googling incomplete information? The contract ends in 2010 as I already said.

Oh! You have something on your lips - Accenture love juice.
    Last edited by crack_ho; 9 September 2008, 14:43.

Comment

[QUOTE=crack_ho;626687]I asked someone at Accenture and they told me the tulip hit the fan yesterday.
      So you are an expert at googling incomplete information? The contract ends in 2010 as I already said.

Oh! You have something on your lips - Accenture love juice.[/QUOTE

I'm afraid you and 'your mate at ACN' are wrong on all counts:

http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...sid=10912&pn=1

Comment

[QUOTE=interested;627082]
        Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
        I asked someone at Accenture and they told me the tulip hit the fan yesterday.

Oh! You have something on your lips - Accenture love juice.[/QUOTE

I'm afraid you and 'your mate at ACN' are wrong on all counts:

http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...sid=10912&pn=1
        Are you sure about that?
        Just because it is reported like that does not mean it is correct.

There could be any number of reasons for hiding the reality of the situation, not the least of which is trader confidence and possibly a legal requirement to stop trading if the software is crap.

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ IN THE PRESS.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Are you sure about that? Just because it is reported like that does not mean it is correct.

There could be any number of reasons for hiding the reality of the situation, not the least of which is trader confidence and possibly a legal requirement to stop trading if the software is crap.

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ IN THE PRESS.
          To quote from that article:

Trading was stopped on Monday until the final half hour of activity, after a connectivity problem meant the LSE was forced to take all traders offline until the system was rectified, with only 30 minutes’ trading left in the day.
          A "connectivity problem" could mean almost anything. They are obviously keeping quiet about what really happened, so unless they give out more information, we just don't know.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Statement from the London Stock Exchange

"On Monday 8 September 2008 there was a combination of simultaneous technical events which impacted the stability of connections between a number of our member firms and the central trading system.

As a result, the Exchange suspended market wide connectivity to prevent disorderly trading and undertook corrective action. Sufficient customer connectivity was re-established for trading to resume at 16.00, However, we brought forward the closing call period to 16.21 due to further connectivity difficulties being experienced by some firms. The closing auction uncrossed shortly after 16.35, as per standard schedule. On Monday evening the Exchange implemented software enhancements designed to prevent the recurrence of this problem, and trading resumed without issues the following day.

We very much regret the disruption this series of events may have caused and wish to assure you that we remain fully focused on ensuring that we deliver the exceptionally high levels of reliability that our customers have come to expect, through rigorous and continuous testing of all aspects of the trading system. We would also like to thank our customers for their close co-operation in expediting the resolution to this issue."
            Bored.

Comment

Working...
            X