• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LSE feeds frozen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hear anything more about this?
    Wonder what the SLA penalty was for this outage?
    Bored.

Comment

I understand that their contract is ending in 2010.
      Maybe a little revenge for not extending the contract!

Comment

Not seen a report yet as to what happened and people I know there say they've no idea so not sure why we're jumping to the conclusion here that it was Accenture, based purely on the fact someone posted a link to a system they deployed over a year ago ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I bet a significant portion of their IT is in India.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Not seen a report yet as to what happened and people I know there say they've no idea so not sure why we're jumping to the conclusion here that it was Accenture, based purely on the fact someone posted a link to a system they deployed over a year ago ...
            I just asked them, so I can confirm it is Accenture.

Comment

I havent seen any details in the press, but having seen the setups for some banks you'd think these systems would have tons of redundancy built in; whole redundant clusters sitting there waiting to take over in case of faults, seperate locations, seperate networking, the whole 9 yards.. So whatever happened must have been a pretty serious f*** up.. IMHO
              The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
                I just asked them, so I can confirm it is Accenture.
                Don't let the facts get in the way of this blind hatred of ACN.

IT ops transferred back to the LSE last year.

http://www.finextra.com/fullstory.asp?id=16990

Comment

It was a computer error.

(does that excuse still work?)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    It's probably all routed through a Sinclair ZX81 & the ram pack wobbled.
                    Data? Rewind tape.
                    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
                      Don't let the facts get in the way of this blind hatred of ACN.

IT ops transferred back to the LSE last year.

http://www.finextra.com/fullstory.asp?id=16990

Despite losing its IT operations outsourcing contract, Accenture will continue to be involved in the exchange's software development and has signed a contract extension to deliver development support until March 2010.
                      I think we have the answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X