• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murray beats Nadal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Excellent 10 quid for me.
    If you think you might struggle to spend all of that I'd suggest putting some of your winnings down as a deposit on a BTL immediately. BOOMED!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      If you think you might struggle to spend all of that I'd suggest putting some of your winnings down as a deposit on a BTL immediately. BOOMED!
      A foolish plan given current conditions. I shall invest it in an accumulator obviousley. Only need about 18 consecutive even money winners then I can retire. Boomed.
      Bored.

Comment

So Murray has achieved the same level as Greg Rusedski i.e. getting to a grand slam final and losing
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          So Murray has achieved the same level as Greg Rusedski i.e. getting to a grand slam final and losing
          Am no Murray fan but there's no denying it was a good run and a good tournament for him though.

Comment

True, but he's only 21 and is going to get better. Rudeski was 25 and at his peak ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              True, but he's only 21 and is going to get better. Rudeski was 25 and at his peak ...

How old was Nedal when he won his first Grand Slam?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

How old was Nedal when he won his first Grand Slam?
                What, the Nadal he just beat in the semi's?

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

What, the Nadal he just beat in the semi's?
                  Yes the one with several Grand Slam titles the first aged 19, the one probably a bit tired from all that Tennis.

Murray is getting better, but he's still not good enough. Maybe by his mid 20s or maybe late 20s or maybe he'll retire with cramp

Comment

Yes the one with several Grand Slam titles the first aged 19, the one probably a bit tired from all that Tennis.

Murray is getting better, but he's still not good enough. Maybe by his mid 20s or maybe late 20s or maybe he'll retire with cramp
                    You're an expert are you? Every one (Expert that is) I've heard says he more than capable of winning a slam.

By your logic Federer at 21 was rubbish cause he hadn't won one already ...

Nadal matured early, Murray quite clearly has taken longer to physically (And mentally) mature enough to play with the big boys at the highest level.

The guy just got to a major final, and beat the world #1, and was beaten by the best player who's ever played the game back at the top of his form, at the tender age of 21. But clearly that's pretty rubbish

You're a complete tool Bagpuss. Typical pessimistic, self hating, depreciating brit - no wonder we (England/Scotland etc) lose so often, with this kind of crappy attitude towards our own sportsmen.

Comment

Nadal matured early, Murray quite clearly has taken longer to physically (And mentally) mature enough to play with the big boys at the highest level.

The guy just got to a major final, and beat the world #1, and was beaten by the best player who's ever played the game back at the top of his form, at the tender age of 21.
                      FWIW as someone who has qualified as a professional tennis coach and still plays the game to a reasonable standard I would have to agree with the above.

Comment

Working...
                      X